Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro (losses and living children mentioned)

I found out at my regular OB appointment on October 2nd that my Olivia Claire no longer had a heart beat.  I was induced three days later and delivered her on October 5th at 17 weeks (she measured 16).  Olivia was my 7th pregnancy, and I have two living children at home.  I was/am in complete shock that we are going down this road again.  It took me about 14 weeks of pregnancy to finally feel confident that she was our rainbow and we would be bringing her home in March. I finally allowed myself to buy and wear maternity clothes and had just bought her some clothes the two weeks before finding out she had died.  I let my guard down and then it happened.  

After delivery and holding Olivia, my doctor said she thinks we should consider a surrogate in the future. I feel like I am grieving for two losses: my baby and the opportunity to ever get pregnant and carry my own child to live birth again.  We have not ever done recurrent loss testing because prior to Olivia and with two living children my doctor said it probably wasn't necessary or worth the cost.  But before I can ever make a final decision about our future I will request a full work-up.  My doctor suggested that she thought it might be a blood clotting problem (I had pre-eclampsia with my oldest DD,  multiple first trimester losses, and a late miscarriage with Olivia) or that my body's immune system is fighting my babies.  I am now, perhaps blindly and irrationally, clinging to the hope that they will find something to explain why we keep losing babies and that there is a treatment. I so badly want to have another baby, but I can't imagine going through this horror again.  How many times can someone get knocked down and get up again before they just stay down? 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

Re: Intro (losses and living children mentioned)

• Options
    I'm sorry for your losses, welcome to the board.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    BrittianyMBrittianyM member
    edited October 2014

****TICKER WARNING*****

I am so sorry for your losses. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *siggy*

Your story is similar to mine. We just lost our 7th pregnancy at 17w5d a couple of months ago as well and have two living children.

I would definitely get the RLP work done so you can make an informed decision moving forward. I'm sorry for your losses.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss of Olivia and for your 4 prior losses.  I too started to feel more relaxed and had made my first baby purchase just shortly before my daughter passed away.  I kick myself for that too. 

I hope that additional testing provides you with some answers and a degree of confidence in moving forward down whichever path you choose.  After losing Layla, I had lots of RPL tests run and found that I have a couple of clotting factors, that combined with my history, means that I need to be on baby aspirin and Lovenox while TTC and during pregnancy.  I don't feel confident that the clotting factors tell the whole story for me (just a gut feeling) but I do take some comfort in knowing that I will at least be doing something extra to protect the next one.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    **ticker warning**

I am so sorry for your losses.  Love and prayers to you and your family. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses and for the recent loss of your Olivia Claire. Such a beautiful name! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all your losses. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses and the loss of your Olivia. I hope you can get some answers and am sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. T&P to you and your family.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    What a beautiful name. I am so sorry for your loss.

Asher born February 5, 2011.

Baby #2 born sleeping at 20 weeks. May 6, 2014.

• Options
    ****siggy warning

I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope you can find some answers to help guide your decisions going forward.
  • Options
    **Ticker**

I am so sorry to welcome you to the board due to the loss of your sweet Olivia. 

I would definitely ask for the full repeat loss testing. It is worth any expense to find out if there is something you can do differently. I had it done after my daughter was born still at 36w. We found out I have MTHFR, a clotting factor. It means I was on Lovenox (daily blood thinners) and aspirin. It also opened up the door for my siblings and parents to be tested. My mom and my sister came back with MTHFR as well. So this has helped our whole family to better understand our bodies, as we have had blood clotting history in the past. Why were we never tested before? Who knows. But thankfully we were, and we can now face future pregnancies (or in my mom's case surgeries) with better understanding. 

Lots of ((hugs)) to you. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses and what you are going through. (((Hugs)))

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"