Illinois Babies
Options

Support Needed

any couples struggling with fertility issues/needing to have IUI/IVF in the future in or near the Buffalo Grove area? It's been quite a difficult journey to go through with just my DH and I. Looking for support with other couples to socialize with. Friends of ours who are pregnant/have children don't seem to quite understand this difficult journey.

Re: Support Needed

• Options
    *signature warning

I can empathize with your struggles, no one really gets it unless they've been through it. Have you checked out the Infertility board? They are an incredibly supportive group and may help you feel you're not alone(at least with me I felt that way).

I'm not sure if we're the best people to socialize in real life right now, but know that you're not alone, it's an emotional roller coaster, and there is hope!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Yes, I'm on the fertility board as well in here. Thank you for reaching out to me. I just joined this last week. I'm hoping to gain trust and response from others in here and post to their posts. The emotional roller coaster is brutal. November 3rd will be one year of TTC. My hubby has been tested and he has a low sperm count of 20k when average is 40 mil. He started a new job so fertility treatments have been put on hold for 6 months because he is not allowed to take time off first 6 months. The male endocrinolgist says we have 1 out of 50 chance of natural conception but the RE said during our consultation we have a next to nothing chance of natural conception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"