July 2013 Moms

Rec your Diaper Bag

Alright ladies, time to upgrade. My diaper bag is ripping, the wipes holder that's on the outside always pops open, and it's a black hole so it's time for something new. I'm looking for something that is under $100, practical, DH won't feel weird carrying, and has pockets for organization. I'm going to have to be carrying diapers and snacks for two kids soon so it needs to have plenty of room!

What do you love? What do you wish you had?
 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg

Re: Rec your Diaper Bag

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited October 2014
    I can't recommend any specific kind, but I personally would think a backpack-style one would be nice because that's easiest with baby wearing. (That is what I was originally going to go with but I got a hand-me-down diaper bag so I didn't) I can't remember if you're into that or not, but with a toddler and a newborn I feel like I would be doing a lot of baby wearing.

Sorry, that might not be at all helpful.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • econmama said:

I love my Skip Hop Duo bag.

Ditto. I also have a JJ Cole that's ok. I prefer the Duo.
  • When I need stuff for more than 1, we use a backpack. It has a smaller zip pocket and 2 large ones. Also has side mesh things where I can stash a cup etc. I like having my hands free and not worrying about the bag sliding off my shoulder and walloping the kids. It is just a normal Nike backpack I got on clearance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a back pack style. It is so convenient and practical. And DH doesn't look like a pansy when he uses it. It just looks like a back pack :)
  • I have a storksak and I'm not happy with it. I can't keep it organized for more than a day and then I just can't find anything in it.
  • Nooo @Clyde013 I love my Storksak. Which one do you have? I have the "Elizabeth" and I've been using it this whole time and it has held up really well. Tons of pockets for storage and easy organisation! This one:

• I fourth the vote for Skip Hop Duo. 

Ours has a nice wide strap that is long enough to use cross body, which is nice. I like that there are 2 zippered compartments and a bigger opening in the middle that just has a magnetized closure. It has two big magnetized pockets on one side and a big pocket on the other side with a changing pad. Then a mesh bottle holder on one end and a nice velcro close pocket on the other, which is great for a wallet\phone\keys.

Granted, I am a FTM, so this was all for 1 kid. I consistently overpacked it at first, so it got pretty heavy, but it really can hold a lot of stuff!
  • I absolutely love my jujube be right back. It's a little more than $100, but well worth it imo. It's great for organization and having a backpack is great for keeping both hands/arms free. I started out with a petunia pickle bottom boxy backpack and hated it as a backpack, but the jujube is awesome.

• Rmnam1 said:

Step one: take purse
    Step two: cram baby items in said purse
    Step three: never remember to remove baby items when you go out without baby
    Step four: rifle through diapers, bibs, matchbox cars, stale puffs, broken crayons and sippy cup trying to locate non baby items that have migrated to bottom of purse.
    Step five: repeat

This has been working (sort of) for me for the past four years ;)

This is my MO, too. Also, I had the JuJuBe BeAll, but if you're tall, the strap isn't long enough to wear cross-body, so I basically never use it now. I also often just schlep all my crap in canvas tote bags, because I am a dirty hippie.
  • We have a cheapie backpack that we use for travel or for DH outings.

My diaper bag is a NY Yankee themed Vineyard Vines tote. I love it. DH bought it for me when I was pregnant (for my birthday).
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • We just use one of those little toddler back packs. It looks like a blue and green puppy. I got tired of hauling around a big diaper bag. This works great and hangs off the stroller handle perfectly.
  • Baby Sherpa backpack. It's great for outings. But i use my purse mostly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • PickleX said:

Nooo @Clyde013 I love my Storksak. Which one do you have? I have the "Elizabeth" and I've been using it this whole time and it has held up really well. Tons of pockets for storage and easy organisation! This one:

OMG I love that!!!!!

imageimageimage

• econmama said:

EagleWife said:

I fourth the vote for Skip Hop Duo. 

The other thing that I like is that it attaches perfectly to the stroller.

Yes! @econmama‌ :) how could I forget that? That is such a great feature.

• MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited October 2014
    I bought the classic diaper bag in black from PBK which is $159.00 and it is huge. It's so large that I only use it as a weekender, and use my Skip Hop Duo for day long outings. It's of excellent quality, lots of pockets for organization and definitely has room for two. Here's a link to PBK's diaper bags, they have some on sale right now for under $100.00:

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/shop/baby/diaper-bag/

Best of luck!
     photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
                photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

• I use a organizing utility tote thirtyone bag, it has six pockets on the sides. It's awesome, only $35, and comes in a bunch of colors and patterns. I don't have the zip top one, but I think I'll be getting a new one before baby #3 gets here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do not look like that mother every time I use my Storksak. Or any time. But it was still a good buy!
  • @casey78 I sure can. I usually just strap my NB into the Ergo and go at it. Bull riding is a favorite past time of mine.
  • @casey78 I have two Ju Ju Be's, one a splurge (B.F.F.) one was this sucker on sale: https://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Hip-Bag-Shadow-Waltz/dp/B004LY8OZO/ref=sr_1_65?s=baby-products&srs=3032490011&ie=UTF8&qid=1413920430&sr=1-65&keywords=ju+ju+be

It just doesn't come with a changing pad (which is an easy fix). I love it. 
  • @wanderingA the JuJuBes are super nice, but I can't seem to get a lot to fit in there so may not be what you want for 2... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"