LGBT Parenting

Pits & Peaks!

Hi All!

So, I had this idea for a thread, and it doesn't have to be a regular thing, but thought I would throw it out there once and see how it does.

Tell us about the pit (low point) of your week and peak (high point) of your week.

I know it is only Wednesday, so feel free to think about this for a day or two before responding.

If this idea is a bust, we can just never do it again HAHA.

Ready, set, go! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Pits & Peaks!

• Love it @kh826!! I'll be back with my response.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pit: I'm 90% positive I saw some really light pink spotting today.... It was just once, but considering my dropping temp, I'm pretty sure I'll be starting by tomorrow :(

Peak: I'm really bummed about my pit, so it's hard to think of a peak right now. Sorry to be a downer....
  • @mallory4284‌ don't count yourself out yet...some women experience light pinkish spotting. Stay positive. I'm rooting for you!
  • I take my Pit back. Last night was my Pit. :(( @-)

Thanks, all, for your comments on the invitation. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Jazibel‌ - that's really cool about the catering business. How did that come about?

@Flygirl1228‌ - sorry you are having a rough week. You are a caring parent, spouse, and professional who strives for the best. The ups and downs are totally normal. I hope you can give yourself a break. I think you are handling things amazingly.
  • Pit: 3rd grade (and 3rd graders) are trying to kill us or give me more gray hair. Where did my good students go!?!?!?

Peak: I had Monday off and I am taking off tomorrow since I have a dental appt and need to get some work done.I am going to see Gone Girl. (the dentist is also kinda of a pit - but is contributing to my ability to take the day off of work.)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @mallory4284, Stay positive.  You're not out until AF shows.  FX for you!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • sdfonz619 said:

@mallory4284, Stay positive.  You're not out until AF shows.  FX for you!

Thanks..... I was still spotting last night and I fully expected to need a pad overnight, but there was nothing on it this morning. But it does seem to be getting heavier. It's annoying though because I pretty much never spot for this long. It's usually once or twice and by the end of the day, it's on full force, so I don't understand why my body is deciding to piddle around this month!
  • @mallory4284, Stay positive.  You're not out until AF shows.  FX for you!
    Thanks..... I was still spotting last night and I fully expected to need a pad overnight, but there was nothing on it this morning. But it does seem to be getting heavier. It's annoying though because I pretty much never spot for this long. It's usually once or twice and by the end of the day, it's on full force, so I don't understand why my body is deciding to piddle around this month!
    I know exactly how you feel.  It is beyond frustrating when things shift from the norm, especially during this process.  I have read many posts on TB about people spotting early on, some even a little heavier than they would expect.  I am rooting for you and sending positive, hopeful vibes your way!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Thanks @sdfonz619‌ ! I guess I need someone to be optimistic for me lol. I've been burned enough that I don't do anything to get my hopes up!
  • pit: M going through the 4 month wakeful (I think) I'm soooooo tired. I need all the coffee, but I don't have my amazing mug that keeps it hot all day :*(

peak: M squeal laughing for the first time. I can't get him to do it for longer than 1 second or very often, but it makes my heart smile. 

• Pit: work is busy this week. Need to still catch up on paperwork.

Peak: went to my dear friend's (known her for 24 yrs) wedding this past Sunday. It was a tiny but beautiful wedding. And my birthday is this Sunday!
  • I'm way late but will play anyhow!

Pit: We started our PEPS group last week. All my close friends did PEPS when they had their first baby and we were super excited. It groups 8 couples who live in the same zip code for a weekly volunteer-facilitated support group. I don't know what I expected but not one of the couples feel like "our people." :( J said we shouldn't give up and that these things take time...but I thought at least one or two would feel like people I wanted to hang out with and get to know.

Peak: I suppose this on a similar topic...at Our childbirth ed class, we made friends with three couples (perhaps why my expectations were so high of PEPS). Its been so awesome to have them to meet up with and hang out! One of the women in particular, S, is emerging as my new -mom-bff! We had the "I'm so glad we made friends" talk yesterday and she said, "my husband asked of I was cheating on him with you!" (completely joking) and she said "I told him no! But that you're my new bff and he should be happy I have an outlet for all things sahm!" Bonus: J loves her and also her hubs, and the 4 of us have fun hanging out.

Here's Simone with S' son, born 4 days after her:

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Pit: My company got bought out by a new management company. All 400+ staff (including me) had to re-apply for our jobs. No one knows if they will hire everyone back or fire everyone and start with a clean slate. I'm the newest hire and I don't think I'll make the cut in November. 

Peak: Seeing the ultrasound for the first time this week and watching that heartbeat just beat and beat and beat. It was totally surreal and grounded me and my wife in a really great way. 

We did our 3rd IUI on day 31 of my cycle in early September. We were essentially using up the spermies up, because our clinic would charge us an exorbitant fee to hold them for an extra month. So we said let's go for it, and now I'm pregnant. Don't ever give up, out there! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"