Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping at night

My LO really prefers to sleep on me at all times, which is ok during the day(other then getting nothing done) but obviously this doesn't work at night. For those who have struggled with this, how did you deal with it? I know some are able to get them asleep on you and then move to the crib- advice on this? What if the baby continues waking up each time you put them down? How long did it take your LO to adjust? Any other methods that have worked for you?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeping at night

• Also, when waiting for them to fall asleep to move to the crib- how long did you wait?
  • I struggle with this same issue. I'm kind of hoping she grows out of it soon, but that's probably wishful thinking. She was 4 weeks yesterday. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I let my LO kinda flop on me during the day to sleep however she pleases. At night I found that using a swaddle/ sleep sack works best and makes her feel more secure without being on me. We also found that having a nighttime routine has made this transition easier. DD likes to bounce/ rock in our arms and then we wait about 15- 30 minutes after she's asleep before placing her in her bassinet.
  • Swaddle! We use the NuRoo and it has totally changed DDs sleeping habits! 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Halo sleep sack + RnP. Good sleeping.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• ours grew out of this thankfully. It can be tough though. We swaddled and that helped. We tried to get her used to self soothing, its trial and error of course. It paid off bc she can fully self sooth now & sleeps in a sleep sack since she rolls. Zippy sack has worked great as a transition from swaddle.
  • I let my 1 month old DS fall asleep in me, wait about 10-15 mins, swaddle, then rock for another 10-15 mins , and put him I'm his cradle. This is the only way he'll sleep at night .
  • I would put a heating pad onto LO's crib to warm it up before I laid him down. Of course you remove the heating pad before the baby goes in there, but I think it helped to mimic our body heat so the transition would be a bit easier.
    x

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"