June 2015 Moms

Breastfeeding while pregnant check-in (9/30)

(Format borrowed from the A15 board! My IRL BFF @saltbox40‌ runs the check-in there. Holla!)

1. How pregnant are you?

2. How old is your nursling(s)?

3. Any supply issues, pain, nursing aversion?

4. Any questions for the group?

GTKY: What was your favorite nursing item and how long did you use it?
Me: 28, DH: 33
Married 10.12.11
 BFP #1: 5.30.12- Giannna, born 1.27.13
BFP #2: 9.18.14- due 6.1.15 -- natural m/c @ 5w6d 
BFP #3 11.2.14- due 7.16.14 -- mmc, d&c @ 10w1d

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image 

Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant check-in (9/30)

• 1. 5+3

2. DD is 20 months

3. My nips are sensitive and its a little bit painful to nurse. It brings me back to the good old days of nursing a newborn.
    No changes in supply yet. We are trying to wean at least our morning feeding. I'm hoping to be nursing only once a day, at bedtime, by the end of first tri!

4. Moms who have weaned before: any tips or tricks?

My absolute favorite nursing item is nursing tanks. I still wear them and LOVE them!
    Married 10.12.11

• NoeliaVNoeliaV member
    edited September 2014
    1. How pregnant are you?
    4w3d
    22months!
    Some nipple pain that started yesterday, but my supply is whoa. I even have simultaneous letdown again, and that just went away a few months ago.
    Does anyone else still have a night-waker? How are you handling it, if so? Last night (well very early this morning), I was so over it, but DD would not go to sleep without her "milks." Grrr.
    I'm still using, like, everything except the lanolin and the boppy/MBF, lol. I'll go with my baby carriers (wraps, ring slings, soft-structured carriers, etc). I know those are not *technically* nursing items, but seriously, nursing hands-free on the go? Yes, please!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How pregnant are you?
    5 weeks :)

19 months

I had a burning sensation for about a week, but that is over. Kingston still nurses constantly, so my biggest thing is I'm super touched out and hope that goes away, as I would like to not have to wean him.

What others did to combat being touched out?

The boppy or my nursing necklace. We still use the necklace and I don't remember when we phased the boppy out.
  • When I'm feeling touched out, I try to redirect with "special" toys/foods/activities. It doesn't always work, but it usually helps.

Some of her favorites are: painting/coloring, crackers or cheese, and her babies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) I'm 4w1d
    2) My girls are almost 4 and almost 2 and I nurse the 4 y/o at bed only.
    3) Last pregnancy I had terrible nursing aversion.... like I wanted to run away while nursing. This time it's ok so far, but last night the 2y/o didn't want to nurse :-( So I hope it was just a one time thing.
    4) Anyone planning to tandem?
    5) The boppy. I've used it for 4 years!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Here comes baby #3
  • JenRN1115 said:
    1) I'm 4w1d 2) My girls are almost 4 and almost 2 and I nurse the 4 y/o at bed only. 3) Last pregnancy I had terrible nursing aversion.... like I wanted to run away while nursing. This time it's ok so far, but last night the 2y/o didn't want to nurse :-( So I hope it was just a one time thing. 4) Anyone planning to tandem? 5) The boppy. I've used it for 4 years!
    Me! If my DD doesn't wean herself :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NoeliaV‌, DD still wakes rather consistently at night! At this point I've come to terms with it, ha. I find it's easier if I just give her what she wants right off the bat. Then she will go right back to sleep :)

@jasminemarch‌, right before getting pg I started feeling pretty touched out. Between DD being clingy as hell all day and wanting only me to put her to bed, I was really having difficulty with her night nursing. The only thing I found that helps is if I try distracting myself when I feel that way. I will occasionally bring my phone in with me and read (obviously not ideal, I know). I find it does pass! Hope it gets better for you soon!
    Married 10.12.11

• I joined a group for nursing aversion on another site ;-) It was amazingly helpful to talk to other moms who had been there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Here comes baby #3
  • @hopingandwaiting12
    I mean, she does wake frequently most nights. Especially when teeth are bothering her (which seems to be all.the.time, poor baby), it gets way worse. 

I guess now with this pregnancy, I'm just feeling a wee bit less accommodating about it. But, yes, you're right that the sooner I give in, the sooner she (and I) can go back to sleep!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for starting this, @hoping&waiting12

1. How pregnant are you? 4 weeks 2 days

2. How old is your nursling(s)? 14 months

3. Any supply issues, pain, nursing aversion? I think I've mostly lost all supply in Righty. But Lefty is still going strong. Righty was always pretty low. No pain yet, thankfully.

4. Any questions for the group? For those who are planning on tandem nursing, had anyone ever received any judgey comments about it?

GTKY: What was your favorite nursing item and how long did you use it? Definitely the Lansing Breast Pads as my boobs *still* leak.

@NoeliaV‌ - My little girl still wakes up at least once a night. Sometimes more when she's teething. I've kind of just gotten used to it honestly. On the few nights she has slept through the night I always wake up wondering why she hasn't woke me yet.

@JenRN1115‌ - I am definitely planning on it. I'm really hoping it will help my daughter adjust to the new baby. Right now she gets SO jealous if I hold another baby, nevermind nursing one!
    Married September 2012
    Our Little Strawberry Girl Born 07.12.13
    Proud Stepmom to SS Age 6
    BFP 09.23.14 EDD 06.07.15
  • @NoeliaV‌ and @hopingandwaiting12 thanks! I've had nursing aversion a few other times and we've pushed through, so I hope that is the case here. We bedshare and he has been nursing all night lately, so I think that has helped push me over the edge. Lol b-(
    @JenRN1115‌ I do! I've been looking into teaching my DS nursing etiquette, for when #2 is here!
  • 1. How pregnant are you? 4weeks 1 day

2. How old is your nursling(s)? 16 months

3. Any supply issues, pain, nursing aversion? My supply has dropped a ton this last week and the pain has started when he nurses. More so on one side though

4. Any questions for the group? I don't think so! Right now I'm just trying to decide if I want to wean or aim for another few months

GTKY: What was your favorite nursing item and how long did you use it? Reusable nursing pads! I had to wear them thru 13 months and I loved the soft cotton and the saved cost
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @medschoolwife‌, I love bamboobies! Have you tried those??
    Married 10.12.11

• @hoping&waiting12 YES! Love Bamboobies! Their boobie tubes have been absolutely fantastic for my sore pregnant/nursing boobs
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. How pregnant are you?
    4 weeks, 2 days
    10 months
    Not yet but I'm assuming it's coming.  I've been giving DS formula once a day so he gets used to it if we have to switch.  He's not thrilled about it.  I'm hoping we can at least make it until he can switch over to cow's milk.
    Nothing that hasn't been asked already.  You ladies are on it!
    Boppy!  Still using it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So my 23 m/o finally nursed again tonight. Her ear was infected and my first clue was that she didn't want to nurse. Things are back on track!
  • (Format borrowed from the A15 board! My IRL BFF @saltbox40‌ runs the check-in there. Holla!) 1. How pregnant are you? Barely lol. 3w3 2. How old is your nursling(s)? 20m 3. Any supply issues, pain, nursing aversion? I'm barely pg so not yet. My oldest weaned 1 month before 2 was born, so based on that I expect to dry up eventually which hurrrrrts. 4. Any questions for the group? GTKY: What was your favorite nursing item and how long did you use it? A great nursing bra and pads. I'm low tech haha.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• seeseaseesea member
    edited October 2014
    Hi there! I'm hoping people still check this since I have a few concerns with breastfeeding while pregnant. I would appreciate any responses out there! Thanks in advanced.

1. How pregnant are you?

I am 5 weeks and 5 days

He's about 13 months old

I started hurting this past week. Seems like it hurts more each passing day! My supply dropped before I got pregnant. I was weaning myself off the pump and resorted to morning and night nursing sessions. I now only pump when I feel uncomfortable while at work.

What exactly is nursing aversion? I'm not sure what that means.
    I heard that pregnant women should stop nursing since it can make you have contractions. Has anyone here had problems with that?
    Breastfeeding was such an uphill battle and once I found my groove, I want my son to self-wean. However, the pain kind of bothers me but I just kind of take it. What can I do to continue this nursing relationship? I really don't want to stop.

I LOVE my rumina nursing tank and bras. I wear them just about everyday. I could use them for hands-free pumping and easy access to nurse.

• 1. How pregnant are you? 6 weeks (I think)

2. How old is your nursling(s)? 10 months

3. Any supply issues, pain, nursing aversion? Nothing so far which is awesome! I'm shocked.

4. Any questions for the group? Nope

GTKY: What was your favorite nursing item and how long did you use it? Well, I'm still using all of them pretty much, but my favorite would definitely be my wraps. Hands free nursing is HUGE with 2 other littles to chase after.

@NoeliaVyes, my youngest still wakes multiple times. We bedshare so I just pop the boob in his mouth and go back to sleep.

@JenRN1115 we do child-led weaning, so if DS2 doesn't wean I will tandem.

@JRClaire Oh yes, I have gotten plenty of negative comments about nursing in general. I just like to combat with "I'm just trying to do the best thing I can for my children" and if it continues I throw facts in their face.

@CillyMama Nursing has never caused issue with nursing causing contractions. The only preterm birth I had was with DD and she's my oldest so I wasn't nursing. I did have pre-term labor with DS2, but it was completely unrelated to nursing. In most cases, even if it does cause contractions, they are too mild to really do anything and many women don't even get them at all.
    Also, the pain may be bad right now, but I've found it gets better as the pregnancy progresses. I know it's hard when it hurts like that. Take breaks if you need to during nursing sessions, but it should get better.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi @cillymama and @willowprincess!
    I've taken over the check-ins and try to post on Wednesdays, weekly. I'm glad y'all are going to join us :) Here's a link to this week's check-in, just in case you want to take a look: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462705/breastfeeding-check-in#latest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2014
    lol @NoeliaVI've already posted in that one. You quoted me. :) Just thought I'd answer here too since I had some answerss to people's questions.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @NoeliaV‌ and @willowprincess‌ thanks for the info! I'll be sure to look at the weekly check ins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"