Single Parents
Options

Not really sure how to handle this...

My dad went with me on Tuesday to the CS enforcement office in my town. We got some new info, but really didn't get anywhere while we were there. The case worker called BD's cell, and actually talked to him after we left. BD said he doesn't want to take a DNA test b/c he doesn't want his name in any database (crazy and stupid, I know, but that's how he is), wanted the case worker to give me his number saying he wanted to talk to me. I stewed on that info for a while and finally texted him over 4 hours after i got his number. What I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around is some of the things he said to me. Please excuse the grammar in his parts... I'm copying it from my phone exactly how he sent it to me.

Me: This is J. I'm not going to call you b/c I want to keep our conversations documented.
BD: oh well that is a switch considering the whole time you wanted nothing from me including contact with the child. why now the change?
Me: What switch? I've been trying to get child support started for almost 2 years. And as I recall you're the one who didn't want to be around if he didn't have your name. I never told you that you couldn't be part of his life. I also told you the day he was born that I'd be going after CS... the same convo where you asked for my info so you could send what you could afford,and I haven't seen a penny.
BD: is it or is it not true you did not want me there at the hospital when he was born?
Me: No I didn't want you there, because you would have done nothing but stress me out. I never said you couldn't see him after he was born.
BD: under what terms would you have allowed that to happen?
Me: Someone else I trust being in the room, too
BD: i spoke with marianna this morning. why wait till now to text me?
Me: Didn't get your number from the case worker till almost 4 and I have nearly 2 year old,very active boy to take care of.
BD: ah so he is a pistol.
Me: Yeah, you've missed a lot.
BD: no i didn't miss anything spend all this time trying to get him to walkie talkie. now it's trying to get silence and stillness. 
Me: Now that's a shame. I see I was right. You never cared about him.
BD: next hurdle potty training.
Me: We'llhandle that when he's ready for it.
BD: now you're assuming
Me: No,I'm reading between the lines. Isn't that what you always do? I was really just going on how you said what you said.
BD: and to be perfectly honest he might get to see me 10 days out of a year at best. i basically live on the road.
Me: Honestly, that's your problem.You do realize, though, that he'll never know you like that.
BD: why do you think then i never made any contact. stopped me from making promises i knew couldn't be kept.
Me: That's fine by me. It's your relationship with Kieran that'll suffer for that. You're gonna be the one regretting that when he gets older and wants nothing to do with you.

Sorry this got so long. I started to only pick out parts of the text convo, but then some of the important info would have gotten cut out. The highlighted parts are what's been eating me up the last few days. I've discussed all I'm going to with him... not revisiting this convo, just need to get my head around it so I can put it behind me, I guess.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg

Re: Not really sure how to handle this...

• Options
    Im sorry, hugs! Its sounds like he is trying to manipulate you. Good for you though for standing your ground even while being the bigger person.
  • Options
    Just curious why your cs is taking so long. Won't the state make him take the test?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow - clearly this guy will put the blame on you in any way he can so he doesn't have to look at what he has done. Excuses for everything. The reason I think you can't wrap your head around this is because it makes no sense whatsoever. A man who wants to see and know his child would and will. I know this as a child who met her bio dad at the ripe old age of 26! And who did he blame? You betcha - my mom. Lol
    Get the money your LO deserves and leave the ball in his court. Keep doing your thing - which is amazing considering you've been on your own without his help for so long!
  • Options
    @tig594 The state can't pin him down to serve the paperwork for the test because he is a cross-country truck driver and he's never in town.

Thanks ladies. I'm not totally on my own, though. We live with my parents so that they can watch him for me when I have to work late. BD is very manipulative, self-centered, and arrogant. That's one reason why I refused to talk to him on the phone. That and Florida has funny laws about recording people, so I wasn't sure if a recorded conversation would be admissible in court when I finally get there.
  • Options
    Hugs, mama! This guy is a real piece of work.  Is it possible to get him served out of state by a private investigator? Or maybe serve his boss on behalf of him?  If I remember correctly, there is a way you could do the latter in IL, but I don't know what the circumstances are and also, it's not the same in every state.  

If it's at all possible to serve him out of state, you could try to get someone to find out from his job where he's dropping off at and have him served there...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, @20thirteen, I'll have to ask about that when I visit their office this week.
  • Options
    I just though of a couple of questions...he does sound manipulative.  Does he get paid through a company or is he considered self employed?  Would he actually pay the child support, or would he put it off til he got his tax return garnished or other measures?  I have a friend who's ex is a truck driver, is self employed, and she never sees a penny.

I also have a manipulative person in my life.  I did the calculation and his CS would be about $600-$700 a month.  Not having to deal with my ex is worth more than any child support is worth.
  • Options
    I think he's paid through a company. He is supposedly an owner-operator. and yeah, not having to deal with him is great, but I need whatever support the state can squeeze out of him. I'm living with my parents and have been since about 2 weeks before DS was born, and I am currently stuck with part-time fast-food at minimum wage. I'm trying to go back to school, but that has been limited by money due to my youthful indiscretions with college. Long story short, I don't have the luxury of ignoring the fact that I didn't get pregnant by myself and the other party involved should be partly responsible for supporting my son.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"