Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Schedule conondrum

Hi ladies! DS will be 1 next week, I can't believe it. So here is our current issue. He goes to DC MWF for half day, so anything less than 4.5 hours on those days. They have encouraged me to bring him around 9, so he can get ample play time in before lunch and naps. He has lunch from 11-1130 ish and then down for a nap around 12. I have to pick him up by 130 which means I am usually waking him up, as the other babies have their official nap time from 1130-230. I try to get him down for another nap around 330 for a little over an hour. DC has mentioned transitioning him to 1 nap, but if I do that then he will
pretty much be sleeping the whole time at daycare and that is not what I am paying for. See my conundrum? I have thought about this so much that my brain has stalled. lol. TIA.
married 7.27.12 TTC since Nov 2012 Me 36/DH 32 BFP Valentines Day 2013

Re: Schedule conondrum

• Options
    Can you drop him off earlier and pick him up before nap?  If you drop him off at 8 and pick him up at 12 that gives him time to play and eat then he should be ready to nap for you when you get him home.  Or, could you take him for lunch or right after he eats and have him nap then play and you pick him up after all of that?  

If that doesn't work, I would just cut down the time he's in daycare (if it's not a necessity for him to be there 4.5 hours) until he transitions to 1 nap a day and you can figure out a better schedule for him.  
  • Options
    I would leave you achedule alone in the morning and just.let him stay threw his whole nap. Pick him up at 2:30. Go shopping, take a bath, do something for yourself in that extra hour. Its the simplest and most beneficial way to transition him to one nap
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The problem is that they requested I bring him in earlier so he would play. He wouldn't sleep there at all when I was taking him around 10. They said it wasn't enough time. He spent wake up until around 8.
  • Options
    *doesn't
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"