June 2013 Moms
Options

Eating on the Go

momofcatanmomofcatan member
edited October 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Do you let your LO walk around with food?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Eating on the Go 100 votes

Never - LO must be seated while eating.
7% 7 votes
Sometimes - for snacks or to get that last bite of dinner in
74% 74 votes
Often - LO is often to busy playng to stop and eat
16% 16 votes
All the time - LO refuses to sit still for a second
2% 2 votes
Lurker Count/SS
1% 1 vote

Re: Eating on the Go

• Options
    I voted sometimes- but we are actively trying to put a stop to that and make sure B eats at the table/in the kitchen.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited October 2014
     I will let DD eat a snack while she plays or run in and out of the kitchen to get bites if she absolutely refuses to sit and eat a meal. This is maybe once every couple weeks, I don't want to make a habit of it. My good friend cannot get her DD to sit and eat, they are constantly giving her food while she is running around. It makes me feel like its not so bad when I do it, but there is definitely still a choking hazard.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All meals and his one "official" snack for the day are at the table, no exceptions.  He eats at a little table and chair set, and he is allowed to stand at the table and eat, but as soon as he walks away from the table, his food gets taken away.

While I'm fixing food in the kitchen or we have a little nibble in the middle of the day I'll let him wander around the kitchen with the food.  And DH gives him a small snack cup of goldfish to wander around with every once in a while.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    CL8badB said:
    Sometimes for a snack. I put cheerios in one of those munchkin snack cups and he picks on them. Its rare but it happens.
    This.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    Lunch and dinner yes. Breakfast and snacks no.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

Lunch and dinner yes. Breakfast and snacks no.

Opposite.  Breakfast and snacks E usually has on the go.  Sometimes literally on the go -- in the carrier pack.  Lunch and dinner are always seated.

For breakfast, he's just too impatient to get something in his tummy so he usually has a muffin while I make my tea.

Lol I had a reading comprehension fail!! We are the same as you @subliminalrabbit‌ breakfast and snack he walks around with.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Meals are in her high chair. If I give her milk not at meal time she has to sit down to drink it but not in her chair. Sometimes as a snack I will pour some cheerios on her high chair tray and let her eat them when she feels like it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've got a little toddler table. ... And he used to be able to eat there just fine, including lunch or breakfast, as I'm busy during those times and not sitting with him.
    But he's decided he can get up and down off of the chair and makes a mess, so meals are back in the high chair, and he can only eat on the go if its dry snack like cereal in one of those 'spill proof' cups with lids.

• Options
    She eats her snacks on the go but always her meals in her highchair or at her little table.
  • Options
    Meals are always at the table, snacks usually are too but only because of the dogs. If they are outside or Stella's gone to work with my H then Madeline wanders while she snacks. I usually put her snack at her play table in the toy room and she can grab what she likes and then keep playing.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    He eats his meals at his little table now. He'll eat more if he's at his table then he will if he's in the high chair. Breakfast is usually on the go since it's just a waffle or something I just pulled put of the toaster.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    For snacks and milk but not for meals
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"