LGBT Parenting
Options

What's up this weekend?!?!

Happy Friday, friends!

What is happening this weekend? Any particularly fun plans! Share with us so we can feel jealous! ;-)

QOTW (because these are just always fun): What is your favorite Fall activity, and what is one thing you are less than psyched about for the coming weeks/months ahead?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: What's up this weekend?!?!

• Options
    Birthday weekend so will be celebrating with DW and mother tonight for dinner; tapas and wine with friends tomorrow; and a lovely brunch with DW at the Waldorf Astoria!

QOTW: love to see the foliage. Lots of holidays coming up... not sure what to do for Thanksgiving... whose family are we going to or are we just going to leave town to see friends? Christmas... same thing... BUT we will be traveling to Europe after Christmas to see my family whom I haven't seen in 30 years so that will be fun.  So it won't be that bad.  OH, and will see a RE for the first time next month... not sure if I am happy or scared about that.

:-??
  • Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited October 2014

Saturday we are doing groceries, errands, maybe lunch out, then some cleaning at home and hopefully a bit of relaxing.

Sunday we are checking out something called Clover Markets (a traveling flea market/antique fair/art and craft fair) that is going to be in our favorite neighborhood in the City where we used to live when we were first together (would love to live there again, but houses are wayyyyyy out of our price range). We are meeting another LGBT couple and their 3 yr old son there. My wife made friends with them through an FB parenting group, and we met them once before. There will also be a bunch of fun food trucks there at the market, and my wife is thrilled to find that the "Tot Cart" -- they exclusively sell tater tots and have like 20 different kinds -- will be there. It's like all she can talk about :)

QOTW: There are so many Fall activities that I love! We already did one -- pumpkin picking! I am also hoping we do some pumpkin painting/carving one of these upcoming weekends. I am also super excited for some good hot apple cider. I have got to find some! In terms of what I am not looking forward to... 1) Daylight savings (worried about messing with Will's sleep); 2) Cold weather -- I really hate the bitter cold, and the idea of bundling and un-bundling Will all the time is kind of stressing me out. I feel like we will go out less.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were going to go to the pumpkin patch today but it's raining (I know, shocker). I was hoping to avoid the weekend crowds! Alas, tomorrow J is off so we'll go then, and I've invited the three new baby families we've made friends with to meet us there if they'd like. Supposed to be sunny and 65-70 degrees...hoping for a good photo op! ( @yachee‌ which one did you guys go to? I'm down with $20 photos!).

Sunday J works as usual (8-2) so I'll likely take S on a walk around Greenlake with someone and go in to visit J after for lunch. I'm trying to finish and order our baby announcements this weekend too!!

Monday we're having one of our new baby couples over for football...the dad is from western PA too and the Steelers are playing. I'm not a total football freak, but it's a nice excuse to get together and also pushes me to cook.

QOTW: Super excited for Simone's first batch of holidays! I love fall though it's not nearly as pretty on the west coast as in PA where I grew up. I do love the smell of wet leaves, of which there id no shortage of here.

I don't mind the rain or gray - I don't have to shovel the rain! And it never gets very cold. But the insanely short days here get a little tiring. Our shortest is right about 8 hours of daylight, and while we are paid back in June with 16 hours of daylight, its hard to have light from only 8ish am to 4ish and gray/rain in between for weeks and weeks...
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Sleep would be nice [-O<

I'm going to try and get out of the office an hour early and meet my wife for an hour long mini-date before we pick Ash up. Is that bad?

Tomorrow we have a bridal shower, then we are going to try and visit our friend who just had her baby this week. We will try to meet another friend and her baby at the park is the timing works out.

We may try to go to the pumpkin patch on Sunday (last weekend didn't pan out). Then, it's grocery, cook, and clean. Hopefully a run or two can be squeezed in as well.

(:|
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DW and I are having date night tonight, and attending a yellow ribbon event tomorrow and Sunday.  Her brother is deploying for a year in a few weeks and this is one of the events to help family members prepare.  We are going as support for he, his wife and their children.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    We had pre-school for a couple of hours this morning. Kaden really loves going. The class is only $70 for 11 weeks. Unfortunately they don't pro-rate it so I'll be going 2-3x a week to make up for the weeks I've missed.  It'll be really nice when it starts to rain and I don't know what to do with him :-)
    I'm trying to get laundry and chores done while the boys nap, then this afternoon we'll go grocery shopping and swing by the local farmers market.
    Tonight I'd like to go to the drive-in (if I'm not too tired. Both boys have been waking up at night - yawn...I'm exhausted).  

Tomorrow EV's going to work on her Halloween project with members of her team. Basically the software company in Silicon Valley that she works for throws a huge Halloween bash. They transform a whole office building floor by floor into themed sets.  EV's team has a wing of a floor and they're doing a fairy-tale theme. So she's building castles, trees, etc. Then later this month friends and family are invited to tour the building, trick or treat, play games, etc.  Last year Kaden had a really high fever so we missed out. This year I can't wait to go :-) 
    She is taking the mini-van (but offered to get it washed and cleaned) to cart some supplies. I'll just stay home with the kids and hopefully in the afternoon we can get out to the park.  

Sunday I'd like to go to a pumpkin patch with the boys. @yachee - I loved your pics :-).  I also signed up for a Weight Watchers meeting. And we have our appointment for shots.

QOTD:   I love the holidays starting with Halloween. Kaden has been making Halloween decorations at pre-school and I can't wait to have toddler paintings and glitter art to display in my windows this year.  I also love Christmas. I think I might start my shopping soon, just buying things little by little so as not to break the bank all at once.  And we're expecting a nephew in November - woohooo!

Ugh - gray rainy days are not my favorite, and I already have anxiety about what to do with Kaden when we can't go outside. I think I'll make  list of ideas (for home) and places we can go so that when I'm frantic I can just pick it up and do something.  I'm also starting to keep some of his toys/books put away in the garage and I will rotate them to keep things fresh.
  • Options
    All of our family is gone as of tomorrow so hopefully I can get some lovey dovey time in with Sarah! Company for 3 weeks was rough!

My Qotw and what I did today kinda go together:

My favorite fall activity is... The NC State Fair! So today for lunch during our teacher workday, we went to the fair for lunch and had all of the amazing food that is soooo bad for you! Between the 3 of us that went there was: steak sandwich, bloomin onion, slow roasted corn on the cob, turkey leg, pumpkin spice funnel cake, chocolate covered Cheesecake Factory cheesecake on a stick.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    What is happening this weekend? Any particularly fun plans! Share with us so we can feel jealous!

We actually have some fun plans this weekend that don't involve moving!!!! Tonight we are headed to a rehearsal dinner at our friends house. They actually have a food truck coming to the rehearsal dinner at their house!!!

Tomorrow we are helping set up for the wedding and then attending their wedding! The wedding is over at four so we get some time to ourselves in the evening.

Sunday I hope to get everything out of our old house and have some time to relax and go to the grocery store.

QOTW: I love everything about fall!!!! I am looking forward to going to a pumpkin patch and doing some fall activities especially a hayride!!! Typically I would say the Cold weather is something I don't look forward to but this year we're having our little nugget so I look forward to the cold weather because that means that she will be here soon!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"