October 2014 Moms
Options

Where LO sleep?

Where does your LO sleep? I'm having issues with her sleeping in her bassinet.
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}

Re: Where LO sleep?

• Options
    My LO is still sleeping in the womb! But the plan is the bassinet insert in her pack'n'play in our room for the first 6-8 weeks. If that doesn't work, I may try her in the rock'n'play.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We bedshare, but during the day he sleeps really well in his rock n play.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When our LO is asleep she stays in a co sleeper.
  • Options
    DD either sleeps in the rnp at night or in the crib during the day. She does just fine in both.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS slept in the PnP to begin with in our room and then in a short amount of time he was in the crib. With LO she'll sleep in the PnP in our room till she's sleeping through the night and then she'll go in the crib in the room she'll share with DS.
  • Options
    Rock n play seems to be the winner. She also loves to sleep on me but momma needs her sleep sometime!

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    He sleeps in the bassinet, but I put him in the bed with me when DH gets up for work. He sleeps much better there. He'll also sleep short spurts in the swing.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RNP works best for our LO swaddled and as she gets older we'll use the zippy sack bc we used it before and it works great.
  • Options
    ashie0610ashie0610 member
    edited October 2014
    He sleeps in his crib at night, otherwise I'm awake at every little breath or grunt. We did this with DS1 from the get go and it worked great. So far DS2 seems good with it too.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    Inside baby still, but I've armed ourselves with bassinet, RNP, PNP, and we have her crib in the nursery too. Whatever works.

• Options
    Wow I feel like a failure then... We literally joke, although it's true, that if we can't get her to wake up put her in her crib or bassinet it always does the trick. I spent good money on our bassinet too. It's the halo swivel sleeper. Don't know what I'm doing wrong she won't sleep unless on me.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}
  • Options
    Rock n play for the win. Or asleep in my arms on my boob in the recliner(totally practical right?)

• Options
    pack n' play. But we will move her to her crib when we move to our house in a couple of months.
  • Options
    Ironbl13 our LO has been sleeping in my arms in the recliner too. Not ideal or what we planned but I don't know what else to do
  • Options
    Rock n play all the way. It was the only thing my first would sleep in. We haven't even tried anything else with this LO.
  • Options
    I'm very surprised to find that I'm co-sleeping with LO. Never thought I would, but after the incident with his cord I'm so paranoid that I need him sleeping so close I can hear every breath. I hope this will get better and I can try other options like his crib or the PnP once the little stump falls off.
  • Options
    DS sleepin the mammaroo during the day and the rnp at night in our room.  The goal is around 4 weeks to switch the crib for all sleep times

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Options
    Ravenbaby said:
    Ironbl13 our LO has been sleeping in my arms in the recliner too. Not ideal or what we planned but I don't know what else to do
    Apparently things change quickly with babies this age so just keep trying different things and if something works go with it.  You are not doing anything wrong, baby is just missing being inside probably!  I have found that running a sound machine that sounds like water helps a ton.  I think it reminds him of the comfort of being an inside baby!
  • Options
    lo pretty much refuses to sleep on her own. I've ordered the rnp STAT!!!
  • Options
    Baby has been sleeping in bed with us. She wants nothing to do with the cosleeper yet. It is natural for babies to want to be as close to their parents in the beginning. Moms equal food, comfort, and protection.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The first few nights, she slept in a Lotus Crib (like a Pack n Play) in our room.  Then DH set up her crib in the nursery.  It has been GREAT putting her in the nursery because then I don't wake DH when I feed her in the middle of the night and I'm able to get sleep too when she isn't eating.
  • Options
    We bedshare here too, and we have a crib sidecarred against the bed for safety. DS has napped in our arms during the day and is in bed with us at night.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DS won't sleep I his cosleeper. He generally wants to be held but I don't feel comfortable with him in bed because our bed is small and I am so exhausted. The last few nights I have had success with putting him in the swing but not turning the swing on. Maybe I should get a RNP but I feel like we already have a bunch of sleep things (co sleeper, cradle, PNP)

• Options
    We bedshare
     Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and Grandma to 1 (so far!) YES we would love to have more! 
    Baby #9- It's a GIRL!!  Born Oct 1st 2014!!

Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus!

• Options
    Right now, in a cradle next to our bed.

• Options
    I had my son slept in a rocking bassinet during the day to nap and then at night in the play yard in our room.
  • Options
    PNP newborn napper side in the day and our arms reach cosleeper at night. Sometimes we bedshare, but usually for day naps. We have fallen asleep while she's in our chests, but for the most part we stick to that. A couple weeks ago we moved her cosleeper to her room because she makes a lot of grunting noises and we simply couldn't sleep.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    Do y'all swaddle when LO is sleeping in RNP, or no?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is sleeping in the rock n play ! I love it bc she is sitting up incase she spits up she want choak . We also swaddle her in a thing called a woombie!
  • Options
    This subject has been tough to figure out for us! At first he absolutely refused to sleep anywhere but on me or my boob. Then he slept one night in the car seat, then the next in his bouncer, until finally I got him sleeping in the bassinet. It doesn't always work though. Last night he would only sleep in the bassinet if I had one hand on him, and when that wasn't working I let him sleep next to me. My husband has been sleeping in a different room on nights when he has to work the next day. I'm hoping we can get in some kind of groove before I go back to work and get LO to sleep in his crib while me and my husband go back to sleeping together every night.
    imageimage
  • Options
    MollyC20 said:

Do y'all swaddle when LO is sleeping in RNP, or no?

We do sometimes.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    She's mostly in her bed and sometimes in her crib in our room in a swaddler. She also loves her bouncy chair

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine has been sleeping in a DayDreamer incline sleeper. He loves it! Kinda like the nao nanny, but it addresses and fixes all the problems that got the nap nanny recalled.
  • Options
    @dredford‌ Not sure what you mean by "couchin' it," but if you mean sleeping with baby on a couch/sofa, that is not recommended. Here's some quick info on safe cosleeping just in case:

https://www.llli.org/sweetsleepbook/tearsheets

https://cosleeping.nd.edu/safe-co-sleeping-guidelines/
    imageimage
  • Options
    NavyFlyer said:

Mine has been sleeping in a DayDreamer incline sleeper. He loves it! Kinda like the nao nanny, but it addresses and fixes all the problems that got the nap nanny recalled.

We had a nap nanny and it was a LIFE. SAVER. still keeping option open for getting the day dreamer!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One is in a RNP on dad's side of bed and one is in a cosleeper on my side of the bed. It's been two weeks and so far so good. During the day when they are not in our arms they are both in RNPs or sleeping in the PNP.
  • Options
    With my DD, she often napped in her swing and to start, slept in her RNP.  We moved her to a cosleeper after several weeks, and then to her crib by 3 months old.  We swaddled her while she slept overnight because otherwise she would startle herself awake and be super pissed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"