Natural Birth
Options

Tub location?

Hello!
Where have you (or do you plan to) put your birthing tub if you're using one? Our midwife offers a hard-sided, heated tub they bring to our home a few weeks prior and I'm not sure the best place to set it up. I initially thought living room for some reason, but our bedroom is upstairs - anyone have experience with this and feel strongly about their decision? I imagine it would be nice to lie down in bed afterward, but I don't know where I'll want to be.
Thanks!

Re: Tub location?

• Options
    @danisgossipgirl

Did you fill up your birth tub using the kitchen faucet? That's what we did last time, and it took a while. My midwife this time recommended using the shower head, but the full bath is upstairs. I think, logistically speaking, and in terms of space, maybe downstairs would be best. Possibly in the dining room, but then I worry it would take too long to fill up that way. Hmm...

G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Our tub will be set-up in the living room.  We have vinyl flooring throughout our house, so I don't even have to worry about carpet possibly getting wet.  It is the central room in the house.  We will fill it up using the washing machine water connection with a new, clean hose.  It would be too squished to put in our bedroom. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"