Trouble TTC a Sibling

iui question

My doctor didn't say anything about using ovidrel this cycle. It will be my first iui. Someone said something on TTGP that has me wondering if that's okay. Google isn't helping. Has anyone here dine iui without the trigger?

Re: iui question

• Yes, it's an RE. I'll check with them Friday.
  • @princesspetunias I am currently on my TWW of my first IUI but when I went in for my u/s on CD 12 (which follicles were not mature enough) they told me to keep taking OPKs and if I get a + then I would call them and come in the next day for IUI. If I did not get + by CD 15 I would come in do another u/s  and trigger there in the office with IUI the next day (this is what actually happened)
    So I think it can go either way but I would still ask about it. GL!

Me: 32 DH: 34 Married 7/08 DD Born 8/09 
    TTC#2 Since 2/13 (Secondary IF)
    2/13 thru 2/14 - Year of charting, OPK and TI
    3/14 thru 7/14 - Clomid cycles, DH SA came back good
    8/14 - HSG and more blood work
    9/14 - Letrozole + trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    10/14 - Letrozole + Bravelle + trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!! EDD 7/27/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I am on IUI #2 and did trigger shots both cycles. From reading other TTC boards some don't take trigger shots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All my IUIs I had a trigger shot. I wouldn't want to waste the time or money not knowing if I would ovulate or not.
  • I am somewhat of an IUI expert having done a total of 7-8 at this point. My RE will not do an IUI without a trigger. OPK's are accurate, so maybe nothing to worry about. Are they monitoring you at all to make sure your follicles mature? Any medication leading up to IUI?
  • Femara cycle day 3-7. No monitoring this cycle. Did blood work, ultrasound, etc last cycle.

Since my ovulation has always followed my surge we're trying one cycle without the ultrasound/trigger. I'm okay with that plan since I'm so far away from the doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"