Attachment Parenting

co-sleeping transition to crib

my 10 month old is waking almost every night every 2 hours (she has her nights where she sleeps and only wakes up once for a feeding but they are getting very few and far btwn) and sometimes not even 2 hrs. i am trying to start weaning her night feeds and move her to the crib. we have moved the crib into our bedroom bc i am not yet ready for her to be in her own room. this transition has been very hard. ifi eventually do get her to fall asleep in the crib (after much crying) she will only sleep for about an hr or 2 and then she is up and i cant get her to go back to sleep unless i put her in bed. any advice or suggestions to make this transition easier? i am not one for the CIO method so i am sure this process will take much longer.

Re: co-sleeping transition to crib

• Let her CIO or else you will end up like me. Our DD is still sleeping with us at 5 because I couldn't handle her crying. She just told me not to worry because she will get out when she is... wait for it... SIXTEEN.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • GASuzuki said:
    Let her CIO or else you will end up like me. Our DD is still sleeping with us at 5 because I couldn't handle her crying. She just told me not to worry because she will get out when she is... wait for it... SIXTEEN.
    I love how she goes straight for the 16! HAHA....what age did you start trying to transition her? How is your hubby with her sleeping with yall still?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"