LGBT Parenting
Options

Known Sperm Donor-Brother In-Law

Hello!

My wife and I are about 3 months away from trying to conceive. We have decided to use my brother in-law (my wife's biological brother) as our sperm donor. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with this. We plan to be very open with our future child about who helped create him/her. I have heard of family stories and just wanted to see if anyone else went through this? Any words of advice? Examples of stories? Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Known Sperm Donor-Brother In-Law

• Options
    DW and I are currently TTC using a known donor.  We plan on allowing contact after 18, but will also keep the donor included on our social media pages for updates as well as keeping in touch via email.  This is based on his preference, but we have left it open for him to be involved in more of an "uncle" capacity if he desires.  Best of luck to you!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    We used my brother in law (wife's brother) as our donor. It worked out well for us. The only thing I'd do differently is draw up a sperm donor agreement before the positive test next time as the agreement did cause some tension (even though we'd discussed beforehand). It all got "real" when the bump appeared!

We plan to be very open with our girl about how she got here. However he does not wish to be Dad...he'll always be Uncle! "Uncle S helped Mom and I get you in my belly!"

It was awkward at times as we did at home inseminations. It was a little strange the first time. But, once it became "routine" it became so simple.

Feel free to message me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did not mention this in my previous post, but we had all of the documents drawn up prior to starting as we were nervous what @pauljl mentioned would happen.  I agree, it can be a little awkward the first time around, but it does get easier and much less uncomfortable with time. 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    We used my brother as our donor and it was the best decision for us. I LOVE that my girls look like me and have my genes! Uncle E is very much the cool uncle who gets to spoil them, and has no desire to be their dad. Even so, we had all the proper legal paperwork and did a bunch of testing before proceeding. Feel free to message me for more info! Good luck! :)
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"