June 2013 Moms

S/O used toys

LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
edited October 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Curious if you would buy used toys and gift them to LO for Christmas?

S/O used toys 77 votes

heck yes!
42% 33 votes
Nope
27% 21 votes
hmm... Maybe
29% 23 votes
ss
0% 0 votes

Re: S/O used toys

• I'm in no way against buying new stuff, but exactly what @WasNotWas‌ said. They are too young to notice or care. If I found something awesome used I'd have no problem wrapping it for Christmas. But I probably won't go out of my way to find used toys to use as christmas gifts.
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm wanting to get Owen an outdoor play house, or something similar. They are so expensive, so I've been keeping my eye out for a used one.
    It must be in EUC though. So sun fade, moss, mold, broken ect.

If I can't find one.... I've got one on a wishlist. I figured Owen and his new little brother will enjoy it together in a year or so.
    I may just buy new though.

• I have a weird thing.  The idea of using used stuff, for anyone in the my family, gives me horrible anxiety.  I actually had a full on anxiety attack the last time I was in a Goodwill.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where do you find your used toys?

usually friends or craigslist
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Where do you find your used toys?

FB virtual yard sale sites.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • We have a lot of hand me down toys from friends. With how much my kid chews on things, I really like knowing where they come from.

There are also a few "investment pieces" that I'd like to get new because I know they will be played with for a long time and by any future kids we have. An example would be that I really want to get a nice, simple wooden kitchen new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm specifically looking on Craigslist, our local swap and shop on fb, and a few consignment stores.

• WorkinIt said:

After shitstorm 2014 and watching garbage pickers take items from people's curbs completely covered in sewage water I have sidelined myself from buying most anything used if I don't know the seller personally. I'm getting the heebeejees thinking about it....

:-O guhross!

• I got C 1 brand new toy last year; the rest was from yard sales or thrift stores. Go figure, she never played with her new toy and I'm currently trying to sell it. 

image image
    imageimage
  • I used to think used toys were gross but I've totally changed my tune.  That shizz is expensive!  DD's birthday present was a play kitchen I got on craigslist.  I hate paying full price for toys so I either buy them used from craigslist and FB buy/sell/trade sites or I get them when they're on sale/I have a coupon.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"