January 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Crib to Bed Transition

For those of you that have switched to a toddler bed (or non-crib situation)...

Do you all have video monitors in the room?  We currently don't and I think that once we transition it would be hard not to be able to see where she was/what she was doing in her room now that she would be mobile.  And the talk about kids falling asleep on the floor by the door, etc., means I don;t want to keep getting up and opening the door to check on her.

What is the experience with this?  Where would you put the monitor where she couldn't get it or the cord?  Do I not need it?  Seems weird to have made it this long without one and then need it now.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: S/O Crib to Bed Transition

• Options
    We used to have one but DS broke the receiver so we just bought a cheap audio one to get us through. Now that we're thinking of switching him, I'm having the same concerns as you are. I want to be able to see him without going in the room and waking him up. I might try to hold out to get one of the ones with two cameras if/when we have baby #2.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, but we are getting one before baby 2 arrives.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched to a Foscam camera that pans the room. We don't leave it on just check the iPad when we hear him. The camera is on the top of his tall dresser. I like having it, DS cries in his sleep sometimes but would wake up if we opened the door.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"