Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Won't fall asleep because he needs to poop?

I think my LO who is nearly 8 months old has been having trouble sleeping at night because of gas. The last three nights, he woke up either with a very poopy diaper or pooped within minutes of waking up for the day. So for example:
Nursed from about 8 to 9 and then fussed until 11 with gas pain. I tried everything i could think of to help his gas pain but he didn't poop or release the gas.
then he work up twice in the middle of the night.
Then around 5:30 he was up for the day and either had a poopy diaper or pooped right afterwards.

So here's my question - How do I get him to poop earlier in the night or help release his gas before he goes to bed? It seems to be keeping him up and may even be waking him up in the middle of the night. Waking up 2-3 times between 10/11 and 6 seems like a  lot for a 7 month old. My first was STTN by this point.

Thanks for the advice!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: Won't fall asleep because he needs to poop?

• Hi, thought I'd try to offer a reply. Not too sure if it will help. Maybe something he's eating in the evening is causing the gas. Try to avoid that food, or feed it earlier in the day? Or maybe he's a middle-of-the-night-pooper. My baby wakes up poopy every morning. Sometimes he's cranky and gassy at bedtime, but usually not.
  • Thanks! I'm not sure what changed but he seems better lately!
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"