November 2014 Moms

Anyone deliver at 37 wks ever?

I was due for my 4th repeat c-section Nov 5th at 39 wks...due to high fluid & 1 or 2 other issues, there is talk of taking me at 37 wks....never gone that early so don't know what to expect....doctor said most of the time they do well, but of course, there can be risks taking a baby that early.  Would love to hear any feedback you might have.  Thanks.  
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: Anyone deliver at 37 wks ever?

• *listening in*

My OBs are telling me to expect to deliver during week 37 or 38...

• 37 is very common and not that early at all, pretty routine actually for a csection so your baby should be fine. There are always risks no matter what but they should be low. Good luck and I'm sure your baby will come out healthy and perfect.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD came at 36 weeks (PPROM), and was perfectly healthy except for a case of jaundice.  She was 5lb 12 oz and fed like a champ.  No time in the NICU or nursery at all.

With that being said, a co-worker had a baby at 36 weeks and he spent a week in the NICU.  After that week, he was sent home and did great.  It really does depend on the baby, but long term things are promising at that gestation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @lissydee Just curious about this- with twins is it different? My dr is pushing me (if the babies don't flip from breech) to have a C-section 37-38 week. I'd like 38-39 week, but don't really have much knowledge about this... She's willing to let me go to 39 weeks before being induced if they do flip, but I'd prefer to wait on the c-section too.

I've had no complications this pregnancy and DD was born vaginally on her due date after her water broke on it's own. I know you don't know me so you can't talk specifics, but just curious if you could share an opinion? Sorry to put you on the spot. 

• I had a 37 week baby for my 2nd and he was as healthy as can be and fed great. He did have jaundice but never needed lights or extra days in hospital.
    Good luck and best wishes for a healthy baby and safe delivery!
  • DS was just born at 36 w 2 d. Because he wasn't quite 37 weeks, he had to have extra tests. He passed them all. The only issue was that his temperature was low and he had to sit under a heat lamp. He seems to be nursing well.

But I think it greatly depends upon the baby. My midwives also were talking induction for me at 37 weeks bc of blood pressure issues. With Some conditions, the baby is better off being born.

• My first was 35w 2d and was 6lbs 14oz. If he didn't have SVT he would have been sent home after a few days.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was born at 35w 4d.  She weight 5lbs 8oz.  She had jaundice and needed to be on the lamps for a couple days, but didn't require a NICU stay.  We did need to supplement with formula for about 5 days once we got home because she wasn't gaining weight like they wanted, but that was temporary and we went back to nursing and she gained like a champ. 

• Everything was fine. I don't know that I would agree to being taken before 39w (what is now considered full term) unless there were complications though. That's early to be taken for no reason. But fine if there are complications.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• I just delivered at 36w5d.  She was 6lbs 5 oz and did very well!  She did have jaundice and spent about a day in phototherapy.  I was told she is "late preterm" and the biggest concerns were regulating temperature and breastfeeding issues.  She does well with both but we keep her bundled well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD was born at 37 weeks (I was induced for Pre-E). She was very healthy - no complications and we had a great vaginal delivery. She was 6.6 lbs and had a perfect apgar. I hope the same for you! I don't have any experience with c-sections, but I am expecting to be induced early again with this baby for chronic HBP.
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"