High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Metoprolol, High BP & Heart Palpitations

I am currently taking Metoprolol for high BP and management of mild benign heart palpitations. We are considering trying to conceive baby #3. Was/is anyone on Metoprolol during pregnancy? I meet with my OB later in the week to discuss trying to conceive while on it, but I was curious if there are others on it and what the experience was. With my first two pregnancies I was not on BP meds, but with both I had high BP in the last 2 months. Hoping like heck it doesn't mean we cant try for baby #3. Thanks!

Re: Metoprolol, High BP & Heart Palpitations

• Options
    I am not pregnant yet.. But am trying to conceive.. I will be a high risk pregnancy due to a few health conditions one is SVT where my heart rate is crazy high all the time.. I am on metroprolol ER twice a day. My high risk OB was perfectly fine with me taking the meds during pregnancy.  He did say that it could cause low birth rate and the baby would have to be monitored a little closer than normal as it could slow the babies heart rate as well. 
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    My doctor switched me to Lebatalol similar drug just more research had been done with OB side effects.  PP is right though it will affect baby, especially the higher doses and ER formulas.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I agree with PP... The reason my OB was ok with my medicine is because other meds didn't work for me, and no meds puts me at a much higher risk for stroke. My cardiologist and OB came to the agreement together that the medicine is a must and future baby will just be monitored a little closer than normal which is inevitable anyhow due to my other health conditions.  Main advice talk to your doctor.. he/she will weigh the pros/cons and decide what is best as each person is very different.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"