Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Partner away yet ttc

Hi guys, anybody else have a partner that works away and ttc? Has anybody started taken the pill again just to "re calibrate" their cycle? The pill stuffed my cycle around big time, took me months to get back to what I thought was regular (was 28 days when I was 17, now 34 days at 27 grrrrr) any thoughts? Now all my o days are while he's away :(

Re: Partner away yet ttc

• Options
    mandy522mandy522 member
    edited October 2014
    beckwa said:

Hi guys, anybody else have a partner that works away and ttc? Has anybody started taken the pill again just to "re calibrate" their cycle? The pill stuffed my cycle around big time, took me months to get back to what I thought was regular (was 28 days when I was 17, now 34 days at 27 grrrrr) any thoughts? Now all my o days are while he's away :(

You only have one ovulation day. This makes me think you don't entirely understand your cycle, and you are using a calendar app to predict your fertile window. Those things are crap. Read the newbie blog if you haven't already, buy a bbt and some wondfo OPKs on amazon. You may be fertile an entirely different time than you think you are, and it only takes one day in your fertile window to get pregnant.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH does not regularly travel for work, but if we are still TTGP by December, I will have missed 2 fertile weeks on account of travel. It is definitely annoying, but I don't think messing around with contraceptives is going to make that easier. If anything, I'd be worried about the pill causing further delays as my body has to adjust going off of it again.

"She had a lively, playful disposition, which delighted in anything ridiculous"
    - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

• Options
    mandy522mandy522 member
    edited October 2014
    LDW176 said:

My DH does not regularly travel for work, but if we are still TTGP by December, I will have missed 2 fertile weeks on account of travel. It is definitely annoying, but I don't think messing around with contraceptives is going to make that easier. If anything, I'd be worried about the pill causing further delays as my body has to adjust going off of it again.

You cannot possibly know when you are going to ovulate in December. I don't even know when I'm going to ovulate in October. If your miss your window, that sucks, but there is no point in stressing about that today.

BabyFruit Ticker

, EDD 9-9-15

• Options
    mandy522 said:

You cannot possibly know when you are going to ovulate in December. I don't even know when I'm going to ovulate in October. If your miss your window, that sucks, but there is no point in stressing about that today.
    He will be gone all of November, so while you are absolutely correct, it's a still a safe bet. I also missed a FW last month.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition, which delighted in anything ridiculous"
    - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

• Options
    @LDW176‌ Oh gotcha, sorry!!

BabyFruit Ticker

, EDD 9-9-15

• Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about it? Maybe they would be able to suggest something. Hope it works out for you. Best wishes! 

~ the brie's cheese knees ~ 
  • Options
    MyshMysh member
    edited October 2014
    Have you talked to your doctor about it? Maybe they would be able to suggest something. Hope it works out for you. Best wishes! 

~ the brie's cheese knees ~ 
    What could her OB possibly suggest? 
    Married 06/08 started TTC 08/08
    BFP 9/08 Natural m/c (8w3d) 
    BFP 06/09 Natural m.c (5w3d) 
    BFP 9/09 -- Dec. 29th: Juliet Rose born at 20 wks. Love you forever.
    TTC Break 1/10-8/14.
    Results of physical testing = Normal 
    Genetic testing = Balanced translocation
    IVF #1 with PGD Nov 2014 = BFN
    IVF #2 with PGD Start stimming 1/6, ER scheduled 1/16, ET scheduled 1/21 

• Options
    Awwww I definitely thought this was going to be about finding a replacement partner to HIO with.

• Options
    Ant&Al2825Ant&Al2825 member
    edited October 2014
    I came, I read, I bit my tongue and chose to leave.

Too much to comment on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"