3rd Trimester

Heart palpitations?

Anyone ever have their heart start racing at random times? This has been happening once in a while throughout my pregnancy, but more often in the last couple weeks. My heartrate will be up around 150 for a few minutes. Ob referred me to my PCP for an EKG which came out normal... But I'm still a little worried

Re: Heart palpitations?

• My doctor told me last pg to lay off the coffee.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That happened to me too. I was told it was the stress of the pregnancy and that it sometimes happens at the end.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told that it does increase with pregnancy, when I took mine and it was 109. Doctor says that happens
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• Thanks for the replies! I feel a little better and doc doesn't seem too worried so I guess it's just another fun part of pregnancy : )
  • annieb584 said:

Anyone ever have their heart start racing at random times? This has been happening once in a while throughout my pregnancy, but more often in the last couple weeks. My heartrate will be up around 150 for a few minutes. Ob referred me to my PCP for an EKG which came out normal... But I'm still a little worried

I am having the same problem, i did the echoe, ekg and Holter which all came back negative. It turns out that I'm severely anemic and LO is sucking the life out of me so heart is doing over time. I'm taking lots of iron and resting my pulse is finally down to low 100s.
  • Mine does it all the time but more at night. It's like I'm running a marathon when I'm trying to sleep! My OB says its hormones and more volume in my body, meaning more blood to move around due to pregnancy. She wasn't worried.
  • I'll get them frequently for a few days and they'll go away. It happened to me before I was pregnant too. If your EKG was normal I wouldn't stress out about it. 
  • I have been getting them too a lot more than normal... I had them before I was pregnant, but pregnancy has definitely increased the number of times I've gotten them. Had them with my last pregnancy too. It's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one, and that it is normal!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"