Attachment Parenting

Human pacifier

hello I've never posted oh here before but I need some advice or at least words of encouragement.

I have a 7 mo dd that will only sleep while latched! some of the time I can sneak the nipple out and she stays asleep. We bedshare and she has to be cuddled up next to me and latched to sleep. During the day we usually nurse to sleep or rock. I can count on one hand the amount of times a transfer has worked for nap time.

Dad doesn't have a way that works to get her to sleep. It gets me so frustrated when he is soundly snoring next to me and I can't sleep because of dd staying latched.

My dd has no clue how a pacifier works and they usually just upset her. How are you ladies getting any solid sleep? I'm a zombie over here :(

Re: Human pacifier

• My LO did not take pacifiers until she was 6 months old and we discovered MAMs. Before that, she rejected all pacifiers and would only fall asleep on me.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've tried the soothies and the other avent brand, nuk, I think the mam, and one other I can't remember. She just chews on them all. Both the nipple part and the hard plastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"