Special Needs

Halloween Non-Candy PSA - for those with special feeding needs and/or allergies (xp from bmb)

Hi guys - I've only posted here a time or two, so I apologize if this has already been posted, but I have been really down about some of the typical childhood things that are going to be different or impossible for my son, and one of those things is Halloween candy (he lost most of his small intestine so he can't tolerate the sugar). So an email about this pretty much made my day this morning, and I wanted to pass it along for anyone who might want to participate on either side: 

"Does your child love the fun of Halloween but can't eat the candy? Or do you know a family? Are you like me and also give out Non Food items for those who can't eat candy? There is a website called MommiesofMIracles that you can list your address (no personal information other than street address) as a house of candy and non food treats.  You can also get a list of homes near you that will be distributing Non Food treats.  There is also a "badge" you can print for your child that lets the givers know your child can not eat candy. There is a lot of other helpful information on the site.  Check them out at www.mommiesofmiracles.com/halloween"
FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.

Re: Halloween Non-Candy PSA - for those with special feeding needs and/or allergies (xp from bmb)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"