Health & Exercise

Weight gain for different pregnancies

BTDTs- Did you gain weight similarly (similar amount, similar rate of gain) for different pregnancies, or were they very different? What about losing it - similar for different pregnancies or the same?
#1 7/2013
#2 3/2015
#3 3/2017
#4 10/2019

Re: Weight gain for different pregnancies

• fintinfintin member
    I started at 120 and gained 40 with my first and it took three years before I decided to work to loss it. I startad at 140 and gained 25 with my second and 4 months after delivery im pre baby weight. (140) still trying to make it back to 125-130
  • I gained 50lbs with both pregnancies. :(
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • byrne15byrne15 member

With ds#1 I started at 131 and delivered at 160 (29 lbs)

With ds#2 I started at 140 and delivered at 154 (14 lbs)

With this one I am starting at 150 and who knows how much I will gain

I lost the weight pretty instantly with each kid, but slowly added more weight on.  Right now at 150 lbs. I'm "bigger" than I have been before but I had been doing a lot of strength training and I'm much more muscular than I have ever been.

My ideal weight after this one is between 140 and 150lbs

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• aynjcaynjc member
    I have 2 girls.  I gained 40 with each - yikes!  Lost it pretty quickly with each as well.  I weigh about 10 pounds less starting out with this one and I'm making an effort to eat healthy and workout during the pregnancy.  I didn't workout at all with my 1st two.  I hope not to gain as much this time, but whatever will be will be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BFP#3 12/09/12 - EDD 8/11/2013 - D&C @ 12w :: BFP #4 2/17/14 - EDD 10/28/2014 - M/C @ 6w

• I gained 50 lbs with my DD but with my DS I was more aware of my body and what I was doing so I only gained 15lbs with him.
    With DD I didn't pay much attention to what I ate. If I was hungry I ate whatever looked good. With DS I ate WAY healthier.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • CaraluvsCaraluvs member
    edited August 2014
    My first (age 25), I started at 125, gained 40. 
    My second (age 28),I started at 145, gained 40. 
    My third (age 32), I started at 160, and so far (25 wks) have gained 17 lbs. 

I included age because in my case, I really noticed a metabolism change once I hit my 30s. I started watching this group because I know it would be really unhealthy for me to gain another 40 lbs. this time around. I'm looking for the motivation to get serious about calorie counting and exercise.
    Anniversary
  • DS1 I started at 105 and gained 55lbs. DD1 I started at 108 and gained 35. DD2 I gained 10lbs before I got pregnant and started out at 115, then gained 40. She is now 18 weeks old and I'm 8lbs from my PP weight and 18lbs from where I'd like to be. Not all the same, but similar. This weight has come off slower and with more plateaus but I'm 34 and my normally fast metabolism is slowing down a little! I wish I hadn't gained those extra 10 though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Very different experience with two pregnancies.

DS1 - started out 10 lbs over my ideal weight and out of shape in general. Allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantities, and didn't even attempt to exercise. In my defense it was a tough pregnancy but when all was said and done I gained 54 lbs. Even my nose got fat!

I got serious about it when he was 6 months old, started working out hard core and totally changed how I eat. It was not easy but over the next 11 months I lost every pound and then some, ended up 15 lbs under pre-pregnancy weight.

And then I got pregnant again. This time I watched what I ate and exercised (as much as I was able to). I only gained 17 lbs and lost all but 5 of them in the first two weeks. DS2 is almost three months old and I am still hanging on to these 5 lbs but to be honest I am not doing anything about it so it's not surprising. Most of my pre-pregnancy pants still fit but I am softer and flabbier and just need to tone up more than anything.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• @HotChocolate79‌ what was/are your eating and exercise routines while pregnant?! We are going to TTC this next spring and I want to keep in shape as much as pregnancy allows.

I currently eat pretty healthy and run about 3 times a week. I'm just curious if I'm on the right track as far as forming habits now. What else did you do?
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• My starting weight was the same with both kids. I gained right around 30 with both. With both lost the 30 within 2-3 months without doing anything besides breastfeeding. However, I am about 20 lbs too heavy that was there before lo1. I have tried diet and exercise while bf and my body just hangs on and won't go any lower. I weaned my first at one year and started losing again at that point but quickly got pregnant again. My body had also changed a lot in terms of where I carry my weight. Plus my breasts are way bigger while bf, normally a B cup...DD right now. I swear 18 of those 20 lbs are in my chest!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Started 110 and gained 23 with DD. She'll be 2 this month.
    Lost the 23 in 19 days.
    Started 110 and gained 49 (triplets). All but 5 gone. They are 6 mos.
    I was super into distance running before getting pregnant. Hoping to find the time to workout soon! I do miss it, but not much I can do now:) just trying to get food in. They're all so good, but time just flies!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2014
    I hope my 2nd is not like my first.  I gained 76 with DD :( EEK.  Lost it all within 1 year and then some.  Next time I will be starting 10 lbs lighter than I did with DD and hoping to have the energy to still practice yoga and eat healthy.  I'm determined to not gain that much a 2nd time.  I hated looking at myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"