Working Moms
Options

Starting DC early and baby development

Hi ladies,

My question here is for working moms who went back to work early and had their babies start DC at around 9 weeks of age like i did. (Went back to work at 6 weeks, baby went to my mom's for the first 3 weeks and then baby started DC at 9 weeks)

My baby was smiling at 4 weeks and was cooing loudly and non stop when she was about 7 weeks, when she started DC i noticed that her cooing dropped tremendously. I believe that in her class (youngest babies class) the caregivers are more concerned with keeping all babies happy and changing/feeding that they dont interact that much with the babies which is expected of course and she always seems calm and some what surprised or in shock when i pick her up from nursery until we get home and we interact with her for a while.

I'd work so much with her at home to get her to smile and coo during the week as opposed to the weekend when she is back to her chirpping self.

We had the last week off because its a holiday here so with both weekends we were home with our baby for 9 days during which she wouldnt only coo but started to babble! So much that i'd record her babbling, squealing, and smiling and send it to my parents she was so active and back to "her self"

Yesterday we went back to nursery and all babbling stops and it takes her so long to start interacting with us after nursery (smiles and looking at us like she knows us as opposed to looking surprised) and almost doesnt coo at all when i talk to her and coo. She focuses on me for a while when i talk to her/coo and then looks like she suddenly remembers and starts smiling shyly and whispers a coo as opposed to the loud noises she used to make.

Is there something wrong? Is this common with babies who start DC early? Or am i reading too much into this?
imageimage
God Bless You my Little One
Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
Farida, at 8 weeks

Re: Starting DC early and baby development

• Options
    I agree that it sounds like you are reading way too much into this.  Kids are completely different on DC days than non-DC days.  DD always comes home from DC totally wiped out, instantly ready to go to bed, and then she usually sleeps MUCH better on days that she's had DC.  On the weekends we obviously provide her with much less stimulation than DC (hate to admit that but it's true), she naps better at home, and then she wakes more at night.  It's just fatigue.  

By the time you pick her up, she's been in DC all day and it's close to her bedtime.  She's not going to be super active.  It's normal.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I got worried because I was shocked at how much she was babbling/cooing and how early she started to do both constantly and then by how it almost disappeared once she started going to nursery after she comes back and in the morning the next day.

She was quiet active this evening after DC though, babbling and all..I guess I was indeed reading too much into it
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"