Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Dry up milk

Hi. My baby is seven weeks old and I can't keep up milk production wise with her demand. How do I dry up my milk easily and with as little pain as possible?

Re: Dry up milk

• bitsybubbles7bitsybubbles7 member
    edited October 2014
    My supply tanked during a three day hospital stay.  Once we were home, I did two days of both nursing and bottle feeding for two reasons.  1, to get lo use to a bottle and 2, to lower my supply without engorging (as much).  On the third day, I stopped nursing and pumping.  I drank sage tea every 6 hours for the first day and while I can't say for sure it helped; I was only engorged for about 2 days this time instead of 5.  Google "drying up milk" and "weaning" for other options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to stop due to medical reasons and I just pumped less over a 5 day period. Now I am 2 weeks past it and I still leak every now and then but it is almost all done.

If you don't have to stop for medical reasons, is there a way for you to increase your supply? Or are you just over it? No judgement, I just wish I could still do it. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • I spaced out the time between pumping, and decreased the time so I was only pumping enough for pain relief, until I was at two a day and then I just stopped. If I got too engorged, I would hand express a little in the shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"