December 2012 Moms
Options

Christmas presents?

I know this is uber early, but my mom has been asking for ideas. I have stuff like books and a shopping cart on Isa's list, but am kind of stuck after that. Has anyone started thinking about what they're going to get yet?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

Re: Christmas presents?

• Options
    LO has been LOVING her twin babies, already got her a larger (hard plastic) doll for some point in the future. With how she wants to put her babies into her stroller, have debated getting her a doll stroller (used to be against the idea, because would just be clutter & something for her to climb into/break, but her big stroller is dangerous too). Maybe alternative is a kid's shopping cart?

Just got her a cement mixer toy truck (just got concrete poured in yard & she was enthralled by the cement truck).

Just started debating a scooter (have been set against it in the past due to danger concerns, but now am waffling...) which would also include accessories such as helmet, elbow/ knee pads.

Tricycle, hotwheels and/or balance bike type ride on item(s).
    Outdoor playhouse or climbing structure.
    Balls of any and all types.
    Tumbling matt and/or dance floor.
    Kitchen and/or tool bench.

Bath toys (i.e. squeaky toys, water proof books)
    Musical instruments.

Grandparent & child membership to local park/ activities/classes (i.e. our local amusement parks and kids museums start charging at age 2, so will need to start paying for LO. If grandparent getsmembership as well, they could make it a regular destination & you get a break! Talk about a gift that keeps giving!)

Sun hat / winter cap in next size(s) up.
    Contribution to college fund.
    Magazine subscriptions.

DH would say new stereo speakers if he was still awake. End of my brain purge of ideas. Am looking forward to hearing other ideas.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH wants to get her an electric car. My nephew had one at around her age and loved it. I'm not sure about that one quite yet. I was also thinking about a shopping cart and foods to go in it, doll clothes, diapers, etc., kitchen set, and books. @LittleFish1‌ , we have the Little People doll stroller and it is great. She loves pushing her babies in it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LittleFish1 -please be my helper elf! Great ideas.

DD loves to "help mommy" in the kitchen so I was thinking about one of those safe kitchen stand things. She loves her dollies and is crazy about her stroller, but if you would like an alternative maybe try a little wagon. She has a little plastic one that she pulls around in the house and outside. Is it too early for a little bike? Like the idea of a motorized car. My mom has one so maybe we'll try it out when we go for thanksgiving. Oh, and play,-doh.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm working on Morgan's list and I put a bookshelf/storage unit on there, toy box, her clothing sizes and she's currently into Paw Patrol, Sofia and Mickey so anything for that. 

I like a lot of the ideas from @LittleFish1, I know my parents are getting her a bike so that's one thing off of my list.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Just an idea for those who mentioned bikes...look at a Strider. If you don't know what it is, it is just a little bike with no pedals. We got one from a friend as a hand me down. They are great because the kids can learn to balance on a bike by just gliding and not having to operate pedals. My niece and nephew had one too. All three kids I know who used them never needed training wheels. When they were ready for a bigger bike, they just got on it and started riding because they had the balance thing down. Ainsley is still a little short for hers, but then she is on the bottom end of the spectrum for height. Two is probably a good age to start for most kids. Just wanted to throw that out there for those who mentioned bikes.
  • Options
    We are doing the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read." But I switched the "wear" to "play."

I'm almost done actually. "Want" is a leap pad and 1 game (found on super sale this summer - hoping it makes her want my phone less). "Need" is a swim cap and goggles (she'll need for the next level of lessons). "Play" will likely be something that goes along with the bitty baby we got for her birthday (like a play crib or something). "Read" is an 8-pack of toddler national geographic books (she always picks them out at the library).

Also got Christmas PJs and slippers for her stocking to open on Christmas Eve... And will let her choose a hallmark ornament for herself since she actually has an opinion now :)

For grandparents I suggested contribution to her 529 plan or swimming lessons. Stuff to go with the bitty baby (i.e., clothes). A play vacuum. And a list of books she doesn't have yet. I told them no more than 2-3 actual presents - I don't want to take an extra vehicle to their houses just to take crap home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"