May 2012 Moms

Can I get off the emotional roller coaster now please!

So now I have to give up the puppy. After 3 days DH has decided he can't handle a toddler and a puppy so I have to find him a new home. There is no compromise and no other solution :(

Not only am I disappointed because I really like him but DD is going to be devastated! This is the best dog I've even owned and DD loves him to pieces. I'm sitting here sobbing at the idea of giving him away while watching them play. She can literally take food right out of his mouth and he could care less. She uses him as a pillow to watch tv and her first word on waking is puppy every single time. She loves him more than I do and isn't going to understand why "my buddy" is going to leave and not come back.

So not only do I not get to have another baby, I don't get to keep my new fur baby either. I can't even talk to DH about it because he already feels like the biggest a$$hole ever and me crying just makes him feel worse.

Lately I feel like you ladies are the only people I can talk to. I just want to crawl into bed and cry!

Re: Can I get off the emotional roller coaster now please!

• No, there will be no talking sense into him. He knows he did a bad thing but if I force the issue and keep the dog DH will just resent him and the dog will be the one who pays. If I just give in gracefully now then at least it does the least amount of harm to the dog and I'm the only one who will still be upset a week from now.

I tried telling him it would get easier and both puppy and DD would get easier in a few weeks but he says he can't handle it and he has to go. He was only alone with them for 45 minutes before I got the "I can't do this" text message. I even offered to try and never leave him alone with the two of them but as he pointed out I can't really promise to never go out by myself. 

All I can do now is find him the very best home I can. DH said we can try again when DD is bigger but I don't think we will. I don't want to have to do this again, saying goodbye is just too hard, I'm one I those people who is instantly attached to my pets and next time DD would be old enough to remember.
  • Well I got the best possible outcome with the puppy given the situation. My friend is taking him so he will have a great home and we can still visit him. I still feel like shit but at least it's over.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is so painful. We had adopted a second dog that is bigger than my current dog. They were way too playful and my dog's bad knees were in such pain we had to bring her back to the rescue. Even though I know she got a good home, I bawled my eyes out like mad. How great that a friend took your pup. So sorry you are going through so much. (((hugs)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear this. Sounds like a rough couple of weeks!
    It's nice that you were able to find a good forever home for the puppy. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And my favourite part is that now he doesn't understand why I'm still upset! He found a good home so I should just forget about it and move on. I feel like I am still entitled to be sad about it. I really miss him and DH just doesn't understand. I found him a new home yesterday afternoon and apparently I should have been over it by dinner time :(
  • You should buy your DH something he really wants and then return it the next day. 
      This would never have flown in my house. 
    <  My go to would be a PS4 and then return it because I just cant handle her toys AND his toys. It's just too much. He would get over that in about....never.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I'm apparently late to the party here but I cannot believe how well you've handled this. I am pissed for you after reading all of this and you seem to not even be mad at your husband. I think this was a very selfish and dick-headed thing for him to do. Sorry, just my opinion.
  • I think the only reason I'm not pissed off is because he is admitting it was a dick move. He did get a blast of shit for his "why aren't you over it" crap though! He has since apologized for that too. He feels awful for doing what he did.
  • I think it's great your handling it well it shows how strong your marriage is. I hope this week is easier for you!! I've been thinking about you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Thanks Belle! I am just about to start a new post with some good news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"