May 2014 Moms

Forward facing carseat

Baby is 19 pounds...I'm looking to get her out of the infant seat...she hates staring at the backseat and her legs are cramped.

She's almost at 20 pounds so I can turn her forward facing. Recommend your favorite forward facing carseat. TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Forward facing carseat

• Oh boy.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Why don't you move it to the front seat, too? Especially if she cries. She should get to decide where she sits in the car.
  • hcorcoran said:
    Why don't you move it to the front seat, too? Especially if she cries. She should get to decide where she sits in the car.
    Totally.  Just try and make sure to disable the front airbag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hcorcoran said:

Why don't you move it to the front seat, too? Especially if she cries. She should get to decide where she sits in the car.

Nah, that thing is like a soft pillow when you crash. Babe will love it!
    imageimageimage

• You mean you guise don't use the scenic option? My kid loves the unobstructed views and the best part is that I don't hear him crying!
    That's even better than a walk in the stroller!

• edited October 2014
    ETA: Thanks Dracula.

• My baby cried in the infant seat so I put her forward facing. Much better. I recommend.
  • @awisern 

I sure hope you arent seriously thinking about already turning your baby around forward facing. I assume your baby is between 4-6 months since you are on the May 2014 forum...please correct us if we are wrong.

It is NOT SAFE to turn your baby around at this age, no matter how much your baby weighs. Also, it is ILLEGAL in more (maybe all?) states. Please research this a hell of a lot more before making what could be a very deadly decision.

Also, babies dont really "get bored" looking at the seat back...they dont know any different. If you think they are "bored", put a mirror up or give them a toy. Note: most car safety people frown on mirrors and other things that could become projectiles in case of a crash. And, I have seen 3 year olds still rear facing and they dont give a crap if "their legs are cramped". They bend their legs, hang them over the side, cross them...any of that is perfectly safe.

If you baby is growing out of the bucket seat, get a
    good convertible seat that will rear face then eventually (aka when
    your baby is OLD ENOUGH) forward face.

Short version: DO NOT TURN YOUR KID AROUND. READ THE LAWS. DO NOT MAKE A DEADLY MISTAKE.

ETA: I should not comment before drinking coffee.

Who pissed in your cheerios? You don't know my lyfe.

And why are you batches all making fun of me?! This was a serious question...I have a chubby baby (all those mashed taters yo!) She needs a bigger car seat and she's big enough to forward face - my pediatrician said so.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did your pedi say it was a poundage thing, or a height thing? Cause my bean stalk is 28 inches and I feel like his legs are going to get crampy soon
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • GBCB 
    :((

I get it now. At least someone wasnt in the loop that today was MUD day so you guys have someone to laugh at. But...Im not really going away and will probably misread sarcasm many more times since I suck at that apparently.

I'd use the sarcasm font, but I think it's sans serif. Right, @typeset‌ ?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.

• How long until these shenanigans start attracting the larger TB population? I heard May 14 was really popular.
    Glidergate all over again. And if you have to ask "what is Glidergate?" then you don't go here.

It won't happen, if we don't send out the bat signal ourselves. Let them come!
    imageimageimage

• Caw caw!

Wait, I think I'm getting my signals crossed.

• The real scenic view.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • GBCB 
    :((

I get it now. At least someone wasnt in the loop that today was MUD day so you guys have someone to laugh at. But...Im not really going away and will probably misread sarcasm many more times since I suck at that apparently.

We are laughing with you, not at you. :)
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • kat8805 said:
    hcorcoran said:
    Nah, that thing is like a soft pillow when you crash. Babe will love it!
    Unrelated, slightly related? ....

Did anyone see Homeland on Sunday? Where she has her baby's carseat in the FRONT seat? It's rear facing, but still. I was surprised there wasn't more internet banter about that this week.

When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"