Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First time pg/first time loss :(

xraychick01xraychick01 member
edited September 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hello everyone.  I am 34 and just found out on the 19th that I was pg.  This was my first pg.  Went to the doctor the following Tuesday to follow up with her. She did not do any blood work and said the three at home pg tests I did after my period was a week late were very accurate.  She scheduled me for my first ultrasound for this coming Friday.  

Yesterday I started cramping and bleeding.  I passed a coupled small clots and continued to bleed and cramp into today.  Still at it now but not as bad.  My doctor had me come in and do an ultrasound to check, and just as I suspected there was nothing.  I was 6w 3d.  She checked my hcg levels and they were 794 today.  Not where they should be for as far along as I am.  She is rechecking on Thursday but I suspect they will be even lower. 

I am numb right now and sad.  I was starting to get excited about having a baby.  My SO has been very supportive and tries to remain upbeat for me.  He was very excited about this as well.  I'm heartbroken.  I know I am in good company here as you all know how this feels and the emotions/feelings/etc. that go along with this.  I just wanted to introduce myself and wish we all could've met under different circumstances.

Re: First time pg/first time loss :(

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs)

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss hun xxx We are all here to help ease each other through this pain, to guide, give advice, share stories, experiences and to rant,cry and moan. Let is out xxx I am finding this group so helpful. And I am learning so much along the way too. Very grateful to have the bump and these ladies. GOD bless you and may you find comfort and peace when you are ready. My heart hurts for my own loss and on top of that all the women in this group.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also experienced a loss with my first pregnancy last month. All of us here understand the heartbreak you are feeling. Take care of yourself. 
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my first pregnancy last week. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    so sorry for your loss. I also lost my first pregnancy. Its heartbreaking. So sorry youre going thru this. Hugs

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Options
    Hi there.  So very sorry to hear what you're going through.  I'm going through it myself, right now. I'm 28 and this was my first pregnancy.  I was super excited, thought I was about 9 weeks along (based on my last period), then WHAM, miscarriage.  Never had I thought that was a possibility.  I had some spotting/cramping, so the docs scheduled a "reassurance" sonogram to check the progress.  I wasn't all that optimistic, since I was no longer having any pregnancy symptoms.  The sonogram showed that I was only 5 ½ weeks and the doctor told me to prepare myself.  I was really surprised by how PAINFUL miscarrying has been (way worse than any period I've ever had) and how long it's taken to complete.  It's just incredibly depressing and disappointing.  I know miscarriages are fairly common and there was nothing we could have done to prevent this, but still.  Not fair, mother nature.  At least the next time we get pregnant, xraychick01, we can be confident we'll carry to term!  After all, we already paid our dues, right?  :)  I'm here if you want to share stories!  
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I also lost my first pregnancy, just had my d&c today. Stay strong, take time for yourself  to recover physically and emotionally. Love and light to you!

1st BFP 08/08/14 EDD 04/21/15 confirmed MMC 09/17/14 waited for natural m/c no luck, D&C 10/06/14
    2nd BFP 02/06/15 EDD 10/13/15
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Creativity knows no bounds.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I was also a first time mom and my miscarriage is imminent. I am so deeply frustrated at this ending but I know it happened for a reason and that's all I can keep telling myself. Take care
  • Options
    Hi lady - 

I don't have an official miscarriage yet but as you'll see from my signature - it's varely likely coming soon.  I'm 29, healthy, and this is my first pregnancy.  Yesterday was rough for me but feeling better today.  I'm here if you'd like to chat.  On the plus side, you know you're able to conceive, and that is some positive news.   Lots of love.  
    09/12/14 BFP (EDD 5/15/15) 
    10/06/14 US #1 showing baby at 6W1D w/ no HB (rather than 8W4D)
    10/13/14 US #2 confirming miscarriage 
    10/28/14   800mg oral cytotec (very good experience)  

• Options
    cavewmn said:
    I am so sorry for you loss. This was also my first time being pregnant. Just know you aren't alone. 
    correction.. i was doing better today until I saw cavewmn's "we'll never forgot our may blossoms" siggy... more tears!
    09/12/14 BFP (EDD 5/15/15) 
    10/06/14 US #1 showing baby at 6W1D w/ no HB (rather than 8W4D)
    10/13/14 US #2 confirming miscarriage 
    10/28/14   800mg oral cytotec (very good experience)  

• Options
    ellou05 said:

cavewmn said:

I am so sorry for you loss. This was also my first time being pregnant. Just know you aren't alone. 

correction.. i was doing better today until I saw cavewmn's "we'll never forgot our may blossoms" siggy... more tears!

I know. I love that siggy :)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also in the process of miscarrying right now. I hope you find comfort in the company of others who are experiencing the same as you. ((Hugs))
    Me: 28, DH: 33
    Married 10.12.11
     BFP #1: 5.30.12- Giannna, born 1.27.13
    BFP #2: 9.18.14- due 6.1.15 -- natural m/c @ 5w6d 
    BFP #3 11.2.14- due 7.16.14 -- mmc, d&c @ 10w1d

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image 

• Options
    Add me to the list of people that are right there with you. I am waiting for my body to recognize that it's over and to start miscarrying. I expect it will be this weekend, when we are at the inlaws for (Canadian thanksgiving). I was supposed to be 10 weeks and was hoping to announce our pregnancy to the family (would be the first grandchild). So down right now.
  • Options
    Oh, so sorry to hear that. I would have been 8 weeks tomorrow.  Hopefully you can take some time to yourself when it happens.  I had to work the whole time and it was just awful.  When the weekend came around I just laid around and rested.  I needed that.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Again, so sorry for your loss :(  My heart breaks for everyone that goes through this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"