November 2014 Moms

HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh!!!!   :)

lol....I am sooo ready for hockey season!     DH and I are going to the home opener tonight.   Can't wait!  Give me the nachos!    lol....

Pittsburgh Penguin fan here.....how many other hockey fans are here and what team do you root for ?   

\m/

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ahem. Flyers all the way baby!

I'm a fan, but I don't get crazy into it. DH is way more a sports fan than me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live 10 minutes from PNC arena, so I'm a Canes fan ;). They haven't been doing so hot but maybe a better year is coming. Their season opener is tomorrow and I would kill to go but the tickets are just a little too much :(.
    Connor Graham

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so jealous!  DH and I are rooting for Detroit in the Eastern Conference and Vancouver in the Western :)  

Tell me you're not a Crosby fangirl!!!
  • I'm so jealous!  DH and I are rooting for Detroit in the Eastern Conference and Vancouver in the Western :)  

lol....nah.....he can do some pretty amazing stuff....but overall,  I think he is overrated.   I don't think he earns his salary thats for sure!       I have a Letang jersey,  but even lately he isn't doing that hot.   

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• mander82 said:
    I'm so jealous!  DH and I are rooting for Detroit in the Eastern Conference and Vancouver in the Western :)  

lol....nah.....he can do some pretty amazing stuff....but overall,  I think he is overrated.   I don't think he earns his salary thats for sure!       I have a Letang jersey,  but even lately he isn't doing that hot.   
    Good.  We can be friends.  ;) ... I'm Canadian, so I'm supposed to idolize him, but I just can't help but think he's a bit of a cry baby.  But you're right that he definitely has talent.  
  • we'll be watching tonight as well. we watched some of the bruins/flyers game last night. i love watching the flyers lose, even when it's game 1 of the season. DS has outgrown all of his gear-i really should get him something for this season. 
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Habs! We had our season opener last night against the Leafs and won. :) 

-----------------------------------------------

Stuck in quote box

SO is a die-hard Habs fan and my dad is a lifelong Leafs fan.  I'll be interesting to see who ends up buying LO his/her first jersey and how the other reacts to it.  
  • schrijiver, go Canes! We should go to a game sometime when we magically come into money. I was thinking of getting H tickets for his birthday.

image      image

• Bruins won their opener against the Flyers last night, too!

My mom and I are huge fans. We've been listening to all the preseason games we could the past month.

I'd love to go to a game one day, but the closest NHL arena is 12+ hours away. :(

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• I'm a bad Canadian and don't really are that much for hockey- I'm more of a baseball girl. If I had to choose a team I guess it would be the Leafs since I grew up in Toronto and live in Ontario. I enjoy watching games, but I don't follow it that much, plus it's crazy expensive to go to the games, so that's a deterrent for me.
  • DH and I are huge Habs fans!!! We are watching the Pittsburg game right now but DH especially is a diehard Habs fan! Last October for our honeymoon we went to Montreal and saw two games!! I dubbed it our "hockeymoon". :)
  • MissN06MissN06 member
    edited October 2014
    Chicago Blackhawks Baby.  I was disappointed that when my MIL bought all the sports team onsies she left out hockey.  She at least got my STL Cards but no hockey.  Its my favorite sport and I hate that I live in a state with no pro hockey games to go and the one team we have in town is only a step above high school Eta grammar
  • terberell said:

West Coast BC girl here so huge Canucks fan! Hockey is the only sport that I pay any attention to. I love hockey season! Got this sweet onsie for LO..

We have the same onesie!!! :)
  • Love hockey! I'm a jaromir jagr fan so I'm a NJ devils girl. :)
  • @minibean16‌ Season tickets! I'm so jealous! We must be sister wives, I had the pleasure of meeting my imaginary husband Mr Linden at a fundraiser 2 years ago. What a classy, down to earth man. Love!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • terberell said:

@minibean16‌ Season tickets! I'm so jealous! We must be sister wives, I had the pleasure of meeting my imaginary husband Mr Linden at a fundraiser 2 years ago. What a classy, down to earth man. Love!

Watch it kid - if you want to keep your new BFF status, keep your paws off of my Linden! We've been in a completely committed, one-sided relationship since I was 8 and he was 17. (Psychiatric help perhaps warranted!) =P~

But yes - he is so classy and wonderful. It's very unusual to have the same crush as your grandmother, but all generations love 'Trevorkins!'
  • BC girl living in LA.
    Canucks are my number 1 Kings are my #2 team although the stats have them the other way around.

Yay! @terberell‌ and I will let you join our 'cool girl' club!
  • I've lived in Alberta all my life, in a household where one parent cheered for the Flames and the other for the Oilers. I ambiguously cheer for both. Oilers if I must decide because me and DH live in Edmonton now. Neither of us pay close attention to the team but my grandma has already given us a bunch of Oilers baby things. Including a bottle she's had since I was a baby!
  • @MmmPopcorn‌ yes! I would love to hit up some games :). A good site is seat geek.com . . . Last season I was able to get upper deck seats for 3-5 bucks for most games. If you ever want to go to a game let me know, I'm down!!!
    Connor Graham

• We're big CHL (OHL) fans. Love seeing the developing boys and their move to the NHL. Have met quite a few talented players before they "made it". Makes it hard to choose an NHL team to follow though :) We have gone to a number of Ottawa games though since we're up there every Christmas and DH's BIL is a big fan. First time I ever saw an NHL game just feet from the glass I think I almost orgasm'd (tmi? *lol*)

I got that same onesie! Was planning to wear a shirt to our local opening game with "2030 OHL Draft Pick" on my bump, but got sidelined with this modified bed rest thing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BIG hockey fan!! I've been counting down until Oct lol.... I'm a big NYR fan..bleed blue all the way...hopefully I won't be seen as a mortal enemy to some of you lol

@mander82 I have the upmost respect for you that you aren't on the Crosby bandwagon...He's talented and all but he's treated like the new god of hockey and get so tired of his whining.

Whether munchkin is a boy or girl they will be sporting this lol.. It was my first purchase (right before my harry potter onsie lol)
    ~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary

• @JustJainey we have a great OHL team with lots of talented guys that have made it too! Now it makes me wonder where you live....I actually enjoy going to OHL games a lot- cheaper than NHL games and sometimes a lot more exciting. I feel like the young guys have a lot more drive and ambition than some of the NHLers.
  • @AnnieRoo13 - We follow the Sarnia Sting (yes, I know they've sucked balls recently *lol*), but we have had some really great players. And absolutely - the drive of these young guys is amazing. They're so committed and usually doing school, volunteering etc. too. In terms of price, there is no comparison - in a really good year, we've gone to more than 35 live games.  Other than the uber rich, who could afford that in the NHL? 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"