January 2014 Moms

Re: UO

• I think that putting up halloween decorations should only happen after thanksgiving ( I am in canada).
    Every holiday should have its own time in the spotlight. Plus it gets my three year old super confused

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't mind stores putting Christmas up early, but it if is before Halloween that annoys me.  I am ok with Thanksgiving and Christmas being displayed at the same time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 2 responses!?! That's it? Come on J14!

Despite being involved in hot topic discussions regularly IRL, I never seem to have anything good for UO. I really have to start writing stuff down.

One for the cloth diaper moms - the Spooky print from Best Bottoms that everyone is going crazy trying to get, it's ugly. I only tried (unsuccessfully) to buy one for resale value.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• My UO is that I'm already super psyched for Christmas. I'm trying so hard to just enjoy Halloween and then Thanksgiving... But all I really wanna do is put up the tree and blast some Bing Crosby. What is wrong with me?????
  • My UO is that I'm already super psyched for Christmas. I'm trying so hard to just enjoy Halloween and then Thanksgiving... But all I really wanna do is put up the tree and blast some Bing Crosby. What is wrong with me?????
    I freaking love Christmas!  I always get excited about Christmas music and decorating.  I start listening to Christmas music usually the week of Thanksgiving.  I am even more excited about Christmas because my 4 year old seems to really *get it* this year.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Cher has a terrible voice. (My gay guy friends would burn me at the stake on this one!). Flame away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Speaking of Christmas....I feel bad for my Jewish friends on Christmas. My one friend said, "it's just another day to me" and it broke my heart. Christmas is the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! Bring on Elf, Four Christmases, Christmas Vacay, it's a wonderful life.....everything....yes yes yes!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I hate when Christmas decorations is displayed before December 1st. I also do not like hearing Christmas music on the radio before December 1st. A month is plenty long.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• @miamypuggle cheers! I completely agree!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Speaking of Christmas....I feel bad for my Jewish friends on Christmas. My one friend said, "it's just another day to me" and it broke my heart. Christmas is the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! Bring on Elf, Four Christmases, Christmas Vacay, it's a wonderful life.....everything....yes yes yes!
    Ok... but those things don't really have anything to do with the day. You could watch and even enjoy those movies and not have any particular attachment to the day December 25th. It could be like watching those movies on October 9th, you know?

Ok... but those things don't really have anything to do with the day. You could watch and even enjoy those movies and not have any particular attachment to the day December 25th. It could be like watching those movies on October 9th, you know?

It's a whole season for me. Thanksgiving day until New Years. Love it. I know it is a day to some, but I enjoy the few weeks before and week after....it's rare I watch those movies any other time of year...

• I want to celebrate Christmas- the lights and tree and all. I'm Jewish and I don't care for the Jewish holidays! I want to search for Easter eggs and decorate a tree!!! I'm not a religious person - so I like the traditions of holidays. Makes it harder with Abby because dh is Jewish too (which is even more funny bc neither one of us cared to marry someone of the same religion) but family, especially mil, would kill us if we put up Christmas lights. We are kinda stuck now doing some of the Jewish holidays with her. Until she gets old enough, and if she takes an interest in the religion, great! We will send her to Hebrew school and do the bat-mitzvah (think that is what a girl's ceremony is called). But if she isn't interested, we won't push it. Her grandma will have influence on her.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hate that Target already has Christmas lights out on display with Halloween stuff. Let me celebrate one holiday at a time. As much as I love Christmas I wish they waited until after Halloween to bring in Christmas stuff.
  • I love Christmas, like seriously love it but I think they taint the spirit by trying to jam it (in stores) down our throats from August on. Let me get my Halloween on first! Then bust out my fat pants for Thanksgiving then let everyone go nuts!
  • I only like the lights and music and gathering of Christmas. Obligatory gift giving can suck it. Except for the children, of course. I am not buying a gift for every adult in my life. No. 
    I agree totally.

• I only like the lights and music and gathering of Christmas. Obligatory gift giving can suck it. Except for the children, of course. I am not buying a gift for every adult in my life. No. 

I agree totally.

Agree. We started this last year. We give to kids, our parents and my Godparents. We have a $20 max for each person, but I do all my shopping on Black Friday and hit sales before then so we never actually spend that much. It looks like we did, but we really didn't.
  • MiaMyPuggle I'm Jewish my husband is not though. Growing up I loved Christmas because yea my family didn't celebrate it but we had own traditions that day which was to either rent movies/ go to the movies and eat Chinese food. Just because I didn't have a tree and and get all my presents on one day didn't mean I couldn't enjoy the fun that comes with December such as enjoying seeing house's with holiday lights, doing holiday shopping (Jews still do presents but on Chanukah instead), and I enjoy Christmas movies just like you do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"