Baby Showers

When to have shower for Feb baby

FTM and my family is having a shower for me. I am due Feb 4th. They want to do it January 10th weekend so I will be 36.5 weeks. Is that too late?

Reasoning being that November is too early and December is too busy with the holidays. I suggested the first weekend of December but both moms choose January instead. My SIL is the one hosting.

Anyone else have their shower this late and it work out well?

Re: When to have shower for Feb baby

• I would say that is too late. I know December sucks, but you need to push for it. You might deliver early, and you also need time to set things up and maybe exchange or finish shopping. My cousin was due at the end of January, and we did Thanksgiving weekend since family were in town anyway.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • I think either solution is fine.  It is fine to have a shower when you are 36 weeks but on the other hand, I don't think November is too early either.  Heck, my sister was due in late January and her shower was in October.  Now they may have a point about December as those weekends tend to fill up quickly.  

• Loading the player...
  • What about a Sunday in early December. Or the 1st weekend in Jan. I am due feb 5 and it is definitely hard. This is what I am thinking about.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think it's plenty of time unless you've had signs you are delivering early. I had mine at that same time period and had plenty of time to put everything away and buy the things we still needed.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• That is not too late. You have two options, gracefully accept the shower you are offered or graciously turn down the shower. If you accept, only state your opinion when asked.
  • Mego04 said:
    What about a Sunday in early December. Or the 1st weekend in Jan. I am due feb 5 and it is definitely hard. This is what I am thinking about.
    She suggested December, but the hosts ultimately choose January.  Since they are throwing the party with their time and money, they get to decide when to throw it.  

36 weeks is fine.  If you don't get things you absolutely need, that can easily be remedied with a trip to the store and not more than a couple hours.  If it's that difficult for you to get out, there's always Amazon.  NBD.  

Your shower hosts are giving you a generous gift, it's not your place to "push" them to give it to you earlier.  That's unbelievably rude.
    I know a shower is a generous gift, and that the MTB should be very grateful, but it also stands to reason that her schedule and comfort must be taken into account. When I threw my best friend's shower, she pushed for an earlier date that what we had originally suggested, and we went with it, because it was a shower for her, after all. In the end, that was a great decision, because her baby came exactly 4 weeks early (and no, there were no signs that might happened beforehand).
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Thanks for the opinions everyone!! Looks like most of you think Jan will be fine so I will be happy to have it then!
  • I'd go sometime in december or even early early january, you want to know what you have and what you need!
  • My showers were at 36 & 38 weeks & I delivered at 39 weeks. It was a little crazy but worked out okay in the end. I was done working at 36 weeks so all I did was prepare for baby & rest anyways.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would say that is too late. I know December sucks, but you need to push for it. You might deliver early, and you also need time to set things up and maybe exchange or finish shopping. My cousin was due at the end of January, and we did Thanksgiving weekend since family were in town anyway.
    i'm due at the end of January and my sister said she was gonna pick the 22nd of November to do mine. Everywhere online says November if you are having a baby near christmas. 
  • My mom and family members are throwing my baby shower. They're having it in November due to the holidays. I'm due in February.
  • As long as you feel comfortable with having it at that time, that's all the counts. You also know the ins and outs of your pregnancy. I've been told to try and have things ready by 30 weeks. This is due to the fact that I have a high probability of delivering early due to my dydelphic uterus.

I think it could always be fun to have a Christmas themed baby shower! Realizing that is a lot of work and could be inconvenient though, January may be a safer bet!

Good luck!

• Yes..my singleton DD came at 36w6d so it would have been too late for me. I would push for November

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• That's too late for me. My EDD is 2/7 and ours (if we even have one now... drama...) would be first week of December. Since it's our first we want plenty of time to get things we still need after showers. I think anytime after 30 weeks is totally fine and I wouldn't want to be 9 months pregnant. I have known way too many babies to come early or the mom to be on bed rest at that point to chance it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm due February 7, originally my aunt/mom wanted it have shower in late oct. I'm not even showing yet so I felt uncomfortable having it that early but I'm not throwing the shower so I great fully accepted. At my 19 week us baby hid its genitals so my fam moved the shower to early April after baby is born this way everyone can meet baby too. I think 36.5 is a little to late. With winter/Xmas after just works better for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"