UO thursdays 10/9

It is noon, people. WTF?
Opinion away!

Re: UO thursdays 10/9

• Loading the player...
  • darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited October 2014
    I'm with you on the poor spelling.

I also cannot take anyone seriously who would give their kid a name that has an apostrophe in it.

• I love Taylor swift's new song "shake it off"! image Idc. Judge away! image
    I've always liked Taylor Swift.  She's talented.  She might be a hot mess in her relationships, but who isn't at some point.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sharmon1317 said: I love Taylor swift's new song "shake it off"! image Idc. Judge away! image This!! I sing it to L every day and he giggles and giggles! I don't mind Taylor Swift, I think she's bubble-gum pop. I totally appreciate the fact that she's a singer-songwriter because we need more of them again. All that said, vocally, she's a weak singer. She did a duet with Stevie Nicks at an awards show and i was cringing and wanted to hide under the covers for her. That's not hating, that's just reality. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I hate celeb obsessions too. Could not care less who's cheating, gay or getting fat. I don't know them and never will so what's the point in knowing their pet's names and fave snack?
  • I never change my child's diaper at night regardless of what is in it.  If I take her out of her swaddle, she takes that as awake time.  Dirty diapers don't bother her.  I'd rather get a good night's sleep and deal with a bit of diaper rash in the morning.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like my freckles. I think most people grow out of them, but mine have stuck around and I think that's great. Also, I'm getting a huge streak of silver right in the front of my hair, but I'm not planning to start dyeing my hair. I just turned 24. Part of me hates the thought of so many chemicals going into my brain, and the other part of me is too darn lazy to keep up with grey roots for the next 70 years!

BabyFruit Ticker

• If you see that I'm trying to pull out of a car lot or drive way and you're coming up to a red light any fuckin way, don't be an asshole and stop in front of me. You aren't going anywhere anyway! Just be considerate and let me pull out!
  • I hate selfies.

And the word selfie.
    This. Except I hate it when people take a damn "selfie" with more than one person in the pic. It's obviously not a selfie then, now is it. *insert eye roll* =D>
  • I feel like everyone should be required by law to get you animal fixed. If you want to breed your animal you should need a permit. So tired of seeing a million and one puppies at the shelter

That's why there a leash laws..Our pup is 4 years old and always on a leash or not near other dogs when he's not. It's pretty simple to prevent reproduction.

Speaking of reproduction. People that cannot afford kids should not keep getting assistance and encouragement to keep having more. For instance a family member is on welfare (totally fine with that, it's a good program to help families) but she refuses to get a job and keeps having kids so that she will keep getting money and more money at tax time, etc. She needed her tube toed long before she just had her 8th..
  • This is why I don't need a tv. Here I get to see people upset about "unpopular opinions". I guess that shows it is unpopular though!

I can't judge because for some unexplained reason my babies only poop during the day after about week 3!!!!
  • jessafish said:

I feel like everyone should be required by law to get you animal fixed. If you want to breed your animal you should need a permit. So tired of seeing a million and one puppies at the shelter
    That's why there a leash laws..Our pup is 4 years old and always on a leash or not near other dogs when he's not. It's pretty simple to prevent reproduction.

Speaking of reproduction. People that cannot afford kids should not keep getting assistance and encouragement to keep having more. For instance a family member is on welfare (totally fine with that, it's a good program to help families) but she refuses to get a job and keeps having kids so that she will keep getting money and more money at tax time, etc. She needed her tube toed long before she just had her 8th..

But on the flip side, it's not the 8th kid's fault their parent used them for a paycheck (if that was even the true reasoning for the woman to have 8 children).

So you would be punishing the child almost as much as the parent if you cut off assistance.

I don't mean she shouldn't get support, the program us beneficial but it's flawed. It's a systemic issue in our society that our government does not assist in the costs to stop the cycle (birth controls, procedures, etc). Although I'm not sure if bc is now "free" with the affordable care act or not.

• I also really dislike people who give girls boys names and vice versa. Unisex name, go nuts but some are not mix and match.
  • @babyprigge YESSSS!!!! THANK YOU! This duplicate shit is driving me nuts! Glad someone is with me! People use the flippin search bar!
    image.
  • @reg202

reg202 said:
    I never change my child's diaper at night regardless of what is in it.  If I take her out of her swaddle, she takes that as awake time.  Dirty diapers don't bother her.  I'd rather get a good night's sleep and deal with a bit of diaper rash in the morning.  
    image.
  • That song is the only thing that calms DS down. I loved it when it came out, but listening to it on repeat for 30 minutes straight makes me stabby.
    First Baby and a complete surprise.
    Hubby has decided to be team green so we are driving friends and family crazy!
  • jessafish said:
    I feel like everyone should be required by law to get you animal fixed. If you want to breed your animal you should need a permit. So tired of seeing a million and one puppies at the shelter
    That's why there a leash laws..Our pup is 4 years old and always on a leash or not near other dogs when he's not. It's pretty simple to prevent reproduction. Speaking of reproduction. People that cannot afford kids should not keep getting assistance and encouragement to keep having more. For instance a family member is on welfare (totally fine with that, it's a good program to help families) but she refuses to get a job and keeps having kids so that she will keep getting money and more money at tax time, etc. She needed her tube toed long before she just had her 8th..
    But on the flip side, it's not the 8th kid's fault their parent used them for a paycheck (if that was even the true reasoning for the woman to have 8 children).

So you would be punishing the child almost as much as the parent if you cut off assistance.
    This way of thinking makes total sense to me, but I just can't bring myself to give a shit. 

I know...

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • ksspiff said:

I hate "sorry, not sorry"

It seems passive aggressive to me. If that's what I'm going for, I'll just give a stink eye

I love "sorry, not sorry". There's a song you know! I sing it to ppl when I'm feeling bitchy.

The lyrics are

"Sorry. (BITCHHHH), I'm not sorry"

lol cracks me up.

https://youtu.be/paqRQTmRvZc
  • @reg202 you win UO.... Dealing with the crying baby until they learn how all this "sleep" stuff works is our job. If LO could learn that swaddle off means awake, they can also learn that back on means back to bed. I know nights can be hard, but its not ok to be regularly dealing with diaper rash.
    Didn't think about it that way.  I'll definitely be changing her if she needs it from now on.

• @reg202 you win UO.... Dealing with the crying baby until they learn how all this "sleep" stuff works is our job. If LO could learn that swaddle off means awake, they can also learn that back on means back to bed. I know nights can be hard, but its not ok to be regularly dealing with diaper rash.

Didn't think about it that way.  I'll definitely be changing her if she needs it from now on.

Seriously? Damn...dumbass.
    image.
  • jessafish said:
    This is why I don't need a tv. Here I get to see people upset about "unpopular opinions". I guess that shows it is unpopular though! I can't judge because for some unexplained reason my babies only poop during the day after about week 3!!!!
    No one said that people could not vocally disagree with an unpopular opinion. That's kind of the point actually.
    It's true.  Every time I write something on TB, it's always in the back of my mind that it could blow up.  Today just happened to be my day.  

FWIW, mine only poops during the day since week 4.  I was changing her once a night for the first 4 weeks and now there's usually nothing to change until it's morning anyway.  I've been getting lazy about checking though and I see now that I need to just step it up.

• reg202 said:

jessafish said:

This is why I don't need a tv. Here I get to see people upset about "unpopular opinions". I guess that shows it is unpopular though!

I can't judge because for some unexplained reason my babies only poop during the day after about week 3!!!!

No one said that people could not vocally disagree with an unpopular opinion. That's kind of the point actually.

It's true.  Every time I write something on TB, it's always in the back of my mind that it could blow up.  Today just happened to be my day.  

No. You said you'd rather deal with diaper rash then be awake a few extra minutes. I posted a gross News story today. That blew up in the woopsie dumb post I'm going to get flamed category-oh well. You posted that you subject your child to pain for selfish reasons. No coming back from that. You're on the list.
    image.
  • MSUDucks said:

livkight said:

I like my freckles. I think most people grow out of them, but mine have stuck around and I think that's great. Also, I'm getting a huge streak of silver right in the front of my hair, but I'm not planning to start dyeing my hair. I just turned 24. Part of me hates the thought of so many chemicals going into my brain, and the other part of me is too darn lazy to keep up with grey roots for the next 70 years!

Um? I think I'm missing how chemicals get in your brain?
    https://m.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/intheworkplace/hair-dyes

There are toxic chemicals (scientists' words, not mine) in standard permanent hair dye. If you're putting dye on your scalp you're going to be affected somehow (skin is permeable). It's just something very unnatural that could potentially lead to health issues. THAT BEING SAID, I have colored my hair many times just for fun. I'm just not willing to commit to a monthly re-dose of chemicals on my head, partially because of the chemicals, partly because I'm lazy. :P

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • livkight said:

MSUDucks said:

livkight said:

I like my freckles. I think most people grow out of them, but mine have stuck around and I think that's great. Also, I'm getting a huge streak of silver right in the front of my hair, but I'm not planning to start dyeing my hair. I just turned 24. Part of me hates the thought of so many chemicals going into my brain, and the other part of me is too darn lazy to keep up with grey roots for the next 70 years!

Um? I think I'm missing how chemicals get in your brain?
    https://m.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/intheworkplace/hair-dyes

There are toxic chemicals (scientists' words, not mine) in standard permanent hair dye. If you're putting dye on your scalp you're going to be affected somehow (skin is permeable). It's just something very unnatural that could potentially lead to health issues. THAT BEING SAID, I have colored my hair many times just for fun. I'm just not willing to commit to a monthly re-dose of chemicals on my head, partially because of the chemicals, partly because I'm lazy. :P
    OMG NO
  • Doesn't the whole girls name, boys name thing promote gender stereotypes? @linzlu214

edit: and idc if it's Friday!!! lol
    Lol it really does. But, we're still in a time where people either don't want to accept that or are concerned about how their children will handle being named what is stereotypically the opposite gendered named. However, slowly but surely, traditional issues surrounding the topic of gender are changing. So, who knows. In 10-20 years, Wyatt may totally be an "acceptable" female name.
  • I don't think Malala is as amazing as people give her credit for. Her interviews are meh

• darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited October 2014
    This is my son, Becky and my daughter, Mike.

Nah, I couldn't do that to a child.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"