Formula Feeding
Options

help please!!!

Ok so my 3 month old has reflux and is on prilosec 2X day. She has been on Nutramigen since a month and a half. We tried to switch her to gentlease but she started spitting up A LOT before the switch she never spit up and now we are back on nutramigen it has been 2 weeks and she still spits up a lot.Has anyone else had this problem? Pedi is recommending we switch her to Alimentum but I don't want to keep switching her formula. Note we were never told she had any sort of allergy to milk or anything we were just told to try nutramigen to help with reflux.I have tried putting rice in bottle so thick its like gel and she still spits up.I guess I can live with the spit up but I really would like to know why she started spitting up and why it hasn't gotten better. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated :)

Re: help please!!!

• Options
    We did not have to go specialty route aside from AR Enfamil, but ultimately what helped was Gelmix for us.LO was spitting up so bad we couldn't take him anywhere at least an hour after eating, and even then we had to pac 4-6 burp rags and multiple bibs. You can try a sample pack online for super cheap. By about 6 months we went off meds and now at 8 months he hardly spits up. Hugs! Hope you figure out what works for you guys.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"