I had my baby! (kayemgi) — The Bump
September 2014 Moms

I had my baby! (kayemgi)

Finally! Beatrice Amelia was born in the early hours of October 1. She is one week old today! I'm just now getting back online. It's been a rough week, to be honest. Bea is very fussy and wants to eat 24/7, which is wreaking havoc on my mental state, but during daylight hours we are doing ok. At 2 am I feel like I'm losing my mind a bit.

Birth story:
I went in for a scheduled NST in the morning on Tuesday, September 30. They found I was having contractions (that I wasn't feeling) about every 10 minutes and that Bea's heart was decelerating with each one. Since I was overdue and scheduled for an induction on Thursday anyway, they decided to push the induction up and sent me over to L&D. I went over to the hospital and called my husband to tell him today was the day! I cried a little in registration because the administrator asked me if I was ready and I felt like I soooo wasn't. She was very sweet and came around the desk to give me a hug, which I really appreciated since my husband wasn't there yet.

After being admitted at about noon they put me into a room and checked out my current status; only a fingertip dilated. The doc discussed options with me and we decided to start with a foley bulb. During a very uncomfortable attempt to get that inserted, the doctor gave up and said I had suddenly dilated to 3 cm, so they decided to hang out a bit and see if things progressed on their own. Spoiler: they didn't. I was started on Pitocin at about 4 pm. Contractions got very intense at about 7 pm and I asked for the epidural. The anesthesiologist came pretty much immediately and the epidural was in by 7:15. After about 45 minutes it becomes apparent that the epi is not working on my left side, so the anesthesiologist comes back and adjusts the needle, and suggests I turn onto my left side to get the meds flowing that way, which works like a dream. My legs being numb is a super weird sensation and by 8 pm I'm not feeling any contractions anymore. They come in to check me again at 8:20 and I'm only 5 cm dilated so they break my water. I'm already feeling weak and tired so I decide to eat a few crackers and rest a bit, enjoying the numbness.

At 11:20 they check me again and I'm dilated to an 8 and starting to feel pressure with each contraction. I have nothing to compare it to but I feel like the Pitocin must be making this all more intense. It's moving so quickly and the epidural only helped in that short time between 8 and 11. I'm sure that it would have been 10 times worse without the epi and I don't know how women go med free!

At 1 am shit gets real. I throw up the six crackers I ate and feel a bit dizzy. They give me some oxygen and the nurse calls the doctor in for a check. I'm at 10 cm at 1:30 am and ready to push. They coach me through the first push and I fail miserably, sobbing with pain and convinced I can't do this, but the nurse talks me through and I pick it up quickly after that. My nurse was so amazing, I definitely wouldn't have made it through without her. About 40 minutes into pushing my body takes over. I have very little control over when I'm pushing and how hard. This is bad. The baby is coming fast and they want me to stop pushing so I can stretch but I literally cannot stop. At 2:50 am Beatrice is born. They put her on my chest for a minute but then take her away to clear her airways and rub her down. I want to tell them to leave her with me but I'm crying too hard and the doctors are asking me to push out the after birth so I can't. She's not crying and I keep asking my husband if she's ok, and he says she is but I don't believe him because she should be crying! But she's fine. They spend a loooong time stitching me up; 45 minutes on a "pretty major" second degree internal tear. The doctors say I'm very lucky that the tear is internal (in terms of recover) but it doesn't feel lucky in the moment as I can still feel so much pressure which is painful in it's own way. Finally they give me my baby and she latches right on to start breastfeeding, which is a crazy sensation. 

I'm in amazement of her and so in love, even when I'm so frustrated because she's never satisfied with how much she's nursing! I hope that this will level out soon.

Pics:

image  image
S14 Remembers our Angel Babies

S14 September Siggy - Show to binge-watch when the baby comes
BabyFruit Ticker
slowmo[Deleted User]punnybunny MrsHamon09[Deleted User]HorseLover11JustCricketcrystangelVavavictoria[Deleted User]Meganz927[Deleted User][Deleted User]rlyttleMrsLaLaBugtrombonerbainidhedubbraybeeashaw512 pshaortao[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]wrightpalomo

Re: I had my baby! (kayemgi)

• Congrats on your baby girl!
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    kayemgi
  • She's beautiful! Congratulations!
    kayemgi
  • Congratulations!

imageimage

kayemgi
  • Congratulations!  She is beautiful!  And don't worry, no ones feels sane at 2 a.m.
    kayemgi
  • Wow lady...congrats to you! She's beautiful!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
    kayemgi
  • Congrats!! She is adorable!!

kayemgi
  • Congrats! Love the leggings :)
    kayemgi
  • She's beautiful! Congratulations! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    kayemgi
  • Congratulations!

Two kids, two BMBs, a couple hundred friends on IG and FB, a dozen really close best friends that I talk to daily, tons of knowledge learned, inside jokes made, joys experienced, and hardships shared.

Way to ruin a good thing for app reviews. Worst business decision ever. Stop making it worse by deleting negative reviews, refusing to delete both banned and current users' accounts, and dancing around serious questions asked of you.
    kayemgi
  • Congrats!
      image                                                                                      
    kayemgi
  • Such a cutie, congrats!!

kayemgi
  • Thank you everyone! @dearfoam Congrats to you, can't wait to hear your story!
    S14 Remembers our Angel Babies

S14 September Siggy - Show to binge-watch when the baby comes
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats she's beautiful. My LO is 47 minutes younger than your LO. What an amazing week it's been right? Best of luck getting adjusted.

kayemgi
  • Congrats on your baby girl!
    kayemgi