March 2012 Moms
Options

MOTN wakings

Jane has been waking up at 2:30 or 3:00 every morning wanting to go downstairs. She wakes up screaming and won't listen or talk to us except to ask to go downstairs, which wakes up DH and Lucy. She won't sleep in our bed and it took a lot of convincing last night to let me sleep in her bed with her. As soon as I get my teething infant to sleep for the night, Jane wakes up. I don't remember the last time I was so tired. Any ideas? Or is my kid the only one who hates sleep?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MOTN wakings

• Options
    Could you try a wake up clock? Then, when she wakes, you can calmly explain that the clock says it isn't time to get up and she needs to go back to sleep. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=child+wake+up+clock&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=45641879597&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18131967224683996122&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_48jc11wbms_b
  • Options
    We're having the same problem!  I'm really hoping these don't continue when the baby arrives.. I can't imagine dealing with these on top of a newborn!

We have the clock that is suggested above (the first one - OK to Wake) and it works well in the mornings and at nap most of the time, but doesn't seem to do a thing for these MOTN wakeups.

I did some searching last week after Andy was awake nearly every hour and found that there is a 2 1/2 year sleep regression.  Greaaaaaat....  

what we're going to try is a sticker chart.  He'd been stretching out bedtime by saying he had to go to the bathroom several times, insisting he HAD to go even though he'd gone maybe 3 minutes prior and been empty.  So I told him that after stories, he can go ONE more time.  After that, if he doesn't get up anymore, he gets a sticker in the morning.  It's been working really well.  Once this has been solidly established, I'm going to switch to MOTN - I'll come in one time but that's it or he doesn't get a sticker.  Maybe something like that would be helpful?  Sorry you're dealing with this too!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alexander is going through something right now, too. He's always been a solid through the night sleeper and will sleep in to about 8. In the last week, he's been waking up in the middle of the night, exhausted and very upset. Then he's been waking up at 6:15 for the day, which is unheard of for him. He's also more clingy than I've ever seen him. Drop off at daycare this morning almost had ME in tears. I'm wondering if he's going into a growth spurt and has growing pains that are making him achy, irritable and clingy.

• Options
    I didn't even know they had clocks like that!  @krispy83, does it have an alarm at the ok to wake time or just change colors?  Because it's ok for her to be awake at 5 but I'd definitely like her to sleep later if she will!  

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going through this!  I was starting to feel like I was doing something completely wrong.  I hope for all of our sakes that this doesn't last long...

• Options
    @cmsdouglas‌ After about a week, no night wakeups last night and I had to shake him awake for school. I hope, hope, hope that was it and we're back to normal. Trying to get ready for work with this little monkey getting into everything is impossible!

• Options
    Ok, we got the Ok to Wake Owl today.  Hopefully it works!  I can't keep getting up with the baby and Jane!

• Options
    @cmsdouglas, so sorry, I just saw your question!  The one we have has the option for just the light or light plus alarm.  We haven't used the alarm because, like you, if he's still asleep I'd rather he stay asleep.  Hope it works for Jane!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"