Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

NBR Craigslist or consignment

which one do you think is better as far as being successful with selling? I have been successful with craigslist in the past but sometimes I've had no lucka nd then you always have a the chance of it being some creep....never did consignment.I just need to get rid of this baby gear and would like some $ for it :)

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NBR Craigslist or consignment

• Options
    Craigslist. Cut out the middleman.
  • Options
    I would do a consignment personally.  I wouldn't feel comfortable doing craigslist.  We've either sold our stuff to Once Upon A Child or just donated.  Sometimes the tax write off is better than the money you take in selling.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Facebook has tons of groups you can join and sell your stuff on that.  I've bought a lot of things on those.  There are specific groups for your area you can search for. 
  • Options
    I agree with pp sometimes donating it and taking the tax write off is the way to go!  For expensive items where the tax write off doesn't make sense (like a designer diaper bag) I do craigslist.  It can be a pain, but if I'm patient it has always paid off for me! 
  • Options
    There is a concienment shop not too far from me, Once Upon a Child, it's a chain and they pay you right then.  They are super picky even then half the things they sell aren't that great, but you walk out with money... half the stuff you brought in... and, in my case, a bag full of used clothes so basically I got a coupon.  If I have time and the stuff is decent, I prefer Ebay.  I have sold and bought items that cannot be shipped, like strollers, on Craigslist.  I always go with DH or sold at a time when he's home.  I do it during the daylight, and the 1 time I did go by myself I just promised I wouldn't go in the house.
  • Options
     Do any of you attempt to sell your bags of clothing as "Lots" meaning a set fee for the entire bag? With me I don't have time to sell individual articles of clothing. I have bags of clothing per size (0-3, 6-9 etc). I've tried the Facebook groups before and have sold some things that way. When it came to clothes and shoes and the crib which is in excellent condition is where I hit the wall with facebook. I too am looking for other ideas on how to get rid of this stuff. I have so many clothes, I can barely walk in my son's walk in closet due to all the bags of clothing in there. I didn't even think about the tax write off if I donate. That might be an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"