Baby Showers

Gifts for multiple hostesses?

Hey – wondering if you ladies can give me some input.  I am having my baby shower this weekend and there are multiple people helping to make this party happen – 22 ladies pulled together to do everything from the food to the decor.  I am very grateful and blessed.  My one friend was able to use the hall at the rescue squad where she volunteers so it sounds like no one person is spending a lot of money – which is great, I did not want anyone spending a lot of money on this I actually tried to get them to do it at my house.  I would like to do something to show my appreciation, but I’m not sure what would be a good way to do this without breaking the bank since there are so many ladies involved.  Any ideas? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks!

Re: Gifts for multiple hostesses?

• Thanks - I was just looking up some ideas and had this in mind.  My husband and I both have huge families and quite a few friends are coming - there are a lot of people coming to the shower.  I feel so grateful that so many people came together to help put it together - everyone is doing something little which makes it all come together in the end and doesnt put too much on one persons shoulders.  Thanks for the input!
  • A small box of chocolates? Or homemade cookies? I like edible gifts.
    For that many people, I think this is what I'd do. Cookies, jam, something like that.

You have more people hosting your shower than I have on my Christmas gift list. (non sequitur, but I'm doing homemade goodies for our list and I've done a dozen of each thing, so that's what came to me.)

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2014
    Oh gosh!! 22!! When I saw 'multiple hostesses' I thought it was something similar to mine, thrown by 3 girls. In your case, I would de go with a nice handwritten note and something edible, cookies, or some other treats. Maybe a cute knick-knack from the Target dollar bin.
  • Oh gosh, 22 people throwing a shower? My palms sweat at the idea of a shower with more than 20 people. How could you get enough time with each person or even enough time to open all the gifts and stuff? Anyways...

With knowing there are so many I doubt any of them would expect a hostess gift at all. I would do like harmonicbabe suggested and do sweets and a handwritten note. Party city has all sorts of decorative cellophane bags, get some big chocolate chip cookies at a good local bakery, and some note cards that say "You're too sweet to me" and hand write a message. I think that would be plenty and really thoughtful. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"