August 2014 Moms
Options

Finally! That's more like it.

Lo slept through the night! Since 10:30. It's 6:45 and he's just starting to stir. I hope I get a few min more bc I have to get dd ready for school. Her bus comes at 7:30. He usually used to sleep so well but he's been getting up at 3am all week. I'm glad to have finally gotten some rest. Don't hate me
:-P

Re: Finally! That's more like it.

• Options
    Yay! So happy for you! We do pretty good....usually just one wake up...but I am looking forward to the day LO goes all night :)
  • Options
    Yeah one wake up isn't so bad, as long as they go right back down...which doesn't always happen. Believe me, I count my blessings when he sleeps the whole night! (And even when he doesn't... He's a healthy beautiful boy so I must be grateful). Hope you get your full night soon :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had 5 wake ups last night, I'd love just one!!
    God bless you.  That's awful. 
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lmao @djhar‌ I'm sayin! I mean, it's about time he understood!
  • Options

To be honest I am grateful for the few times he does wake up! This will make dealing with the 4 month sleep regression most of us have peeking right around the corner a lot more tolerable! If I was snoozing my ideal 7-8 hrs straight those weeks to come would really be a wake up call..... Literally lol

Can you hear my sobbing? I barely survived this last time.

• Options
    Btw I'm kidding (I hope that's obvious...but with typing sometimes tone is misunderstood). I obviously didn't EXPECT my nb to sleep through the night every night so soon if even at all. But was pleasantly surprised when he was...pretty consistently (I mean who wouldn't be). And then when he all of a sudden changed his tune I was like "wtf?" But in a joking sorta way. I know I'm lucky for the nights I do get 7/8 hour stretches and even for the nights he only wakes up once. Believe me. This was meant to be just a funny "poor me" thread... Not ACTUALLY expecting sympathy... Just like an "eff you be-atch! I woke 4x last night shut up!"
  • Options
    Yeah I'm really worried about learning what this 4 month sleep regression is. Never heard of it and I'm scared!
  • Options

Lets not forget the 7 month, 9/10 month and 13 month sleep regressions. The 13 month one nearly did my dh and I in last time. (And the older they are, the longer they tend to last. I think the 13 month one lasted 6 weeks and resulted in us doing extinction sleep training. Not fun!

Oh man! I am all kinds of scared now. One day at a time, right... Ugh.

• Options
    Itty bit is a night owl. As soon as I turn the lights off for bed then she's awake and wanting attention. FI puts her in her swing at 6 am and she'd sleep forever if i didn't wake her to eat again.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I don't hate you. My baby has been sleeping for 9-10 hours every night since she was 4 weeks old.
  • Options
    I'm just grateful that my husband takes every-other wakeup.  I have 3 6am-9pm days this week, for work, so I'm already beat.

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    loulou182 said:

I don't hate you. My baby has been sleeping for 9-10 hours every night since she was 4 weeks old.

That's awesome! Lucky you! I hope I'm on my way there soon...any secrets??
  • Options
    Wow... FYI I'm also on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds. I never said anything about 8 hours "not cutting it". Sheesh. I was just happy about him sleeping well. I was never actually whining. It was just meant to be funny and light hearted. I wasn't ACTUALLY complaining. That would be ridiculous. I know you have no clue what type of person I am but id never intentionally be mean to anyone. Ever. My dd was colic for 4 months, I was alone, at 22, with NO HELP...so I get it. I'm just glad that this one isn't so challenging. Gosh it's so hard to share positive feelings without getting rammed? Can't we just be happy for one another of something is actually going well and we are feeling good?? Guess some of us can't.
  • Options
    I feel with our babies we all have things to brag about and struggles to deal with. I've also learned that babies are completely inconsistent and unpredictable so I don't really mind hearing about bragging because it might swing the other way the next day. Good for you and the little one, enjoy it!

The longest stretch of sleep that my baby got so far I ended up waking up and my breast pad had shifted and I was soaking wet because I was so engorged. I like to say I slept so good my boobs hurt. Then there are days that all she wants to do is eat and my boobs feel like a wrinkled up prunes.

• Options
    Wrinkled up prunes! Love it! First time I've laughed all day :-D
  • Options
    Lets not forget the 7 month, 9/10 month and 13 month sleep regressions. The 13 month one nearly did my dh and I in last time. (And the older they are, the longer they tend to last. I think the 13 month one lasted 6 weeks and resulted in us doing extinction sleep training. Not fun!
    The 18 month and 2 year ones are doozies too. That 2 year one started about the time DH went back to work after paternity leave and lasted until just recently.  Between the two kids, my day started at midnight :(

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"