Trouble TTC

Venting...sorry :)

My supervisor has been pressuring me to let her know why I need doctor appointments. I decided to cave and tell her since I had two last-minute appointments this week. She responded by interrupting me before I got it out to let me know she had guessed. And then telling me that the important thing is to be "super, super positive all the time" because her doctor told her "positivity is the most important thing for pregnancy." I'm sorry, did I ask for medical advice? Especially that which is not even remotely medical?

Then my mom acts excited for all of 2 seconds after IUI, and since I'm barefoot in the house says, "maybe barefoot and pregnant!" but then doesn't have another moment to talk about it with me even though she spends a long drive together talking about her job, etc. because apparently she suffers from cyclic caring-not caring.

Thankfully, the day got better when I spent 3.5 hours on the phone with my little sis without even noticing the time passing...thank you Lord for a good friend.

I just want to say, I hope that in those moments we need it the most, we will all find that precious loving, mutually giving friendship to help us get through IF. 
January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
Planning to start IVF in March!
***All Welcome***

Re: Venting...sorry :)

• Vent away! You have the right to do that. I'm sorry, that sucks what happened to you. Sometimes people really don't think before they talk. It's like a knife to the heart on the wrong IF day. Hoping you have a better weekend. Hugs!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• So sorry for the people who just don't know when to shut up! At least you did get in some time with your sister that was well spent! I hope you get to relax and enjoy your weekend.
    Endometriosis Confirmed 
    2 Large "Chocolate Cyst" Found
    Both Ovaries 
    Post op as of 10-02-14 BFN 
  • Loading the player...
  • oh no, Bunny. I'm sorry :( Feel free to PM me if you need to vent. We all care about you on here (((hugs)))
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Please vent away....if positivity was all you needed to get pregnant then we are wasting a lot of time and money. I'm sorry you have to deal with such insensitive people. Well at least you have your sister and us of course. ((hugs))
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• Thank you, guys, for listening, and for all the sweet words! (((hugs)))

@rainbowbridge14 Yes, I got the feeling she was just waiting for the chance to put in her 2 cents. Thanks for siding with me on that one!! I feel more generous now about thinking that she cares on a personal level. :D

@jlambertjen Sorry you have one of those moms, too. :( They're a special breed.
    imageimage

***All Welcome***
  • Ugh I am so sorry you are dealing with this. The "just stay positive" comments get me too. Sometimes I just think people have no idea what to say, so they blurt out the first thing that comes to mind-- which is most oftentimes an insensitive and passively judgmental remark.

I get the thing with your Mom too. Mine seems to prefer not to talk about it. I'm an only child and I secretly wonder if she's afraid she will never have grandchildren, but that's probably just my anxious mind taking over. I'm so glad you have your sister (and TB!) to talk to for friendship and support. I hope this IUI is a success, wishing you so much luck!!!

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• What?! How unprofessional of your boss. And your mom's reaction was weird too. I'm sorry.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. You're a very sweet person and you deserve lots of support. The comments you've been getting lately are truly annoying and stupid. *Hugs and chocolate and GL* 

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Thanks for the kind thoughts. :) Love how everyone can see that those "positivity" comments are "passively judgmental" as @bandm14 put it!

@bandm14 I'm sorry your mom makes you feel that pressure as an only child. That sounds hard to deal with if she isn't open and supportive.

@emmuffy Yes to chocolate! Treated myself to a choc chip muffin today and it made for a delightful few minutes of indulgence. 

@alaskadee23 Sorry your mom still isn't being there for you in the adoption process. :( We'll all super excited for you and love to hear about it!!

imageimage

***All Welcome***
  • Sorry for the crappy boss "advice" but glad you had great talk with your sis!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• @BlueFairy5 right? Just knowing I'm their only hope for a grandchild puts extra pressure on. It's not like my Mom is blatantly unsupportive but I can SO feel how uncomfortable she gets when I try to talk about it. I'm still glad they know whats going on, because at least they aren't bugging me about when I'm going to get pregnant, but I wish I didn't feel like my IF was letting them down. 

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Ugh, I remember when I finally decided to tell my now ex boss, the first thing she said was, to relax (bc that's exactly what will help), then proceeded to tell me how quickly she got pregnant both times (again thanks). My mom also goes back and forth with her support, I know how annoying that can be. At least you know you can always vent here. Feel better and vent away.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• @hollowvic Oh my, that's terrible!

@lemonliz I know, right? -_-
    imageimage

***All Welcome***
  • Is it even legal for your supervisor to pressure you into spilling the beans about your medical appointments?? I would have been so upset. And then the unsolicited advice? Of course you need to vent! And this is the right place to do it, too... I've noticed that my non-IF friends do not always understand why these things are so annoying.
    Married in 2011, NTNP until early 2012, TTC since early 2012

My husband was diagnosed with state IV colon cancer in 2009. Surgery and six rounds of chemo left him in remission (yay!) but with low testosterone. He took Androgel for two years starting in Jan 2011.
    -SA in Jan 2013: big fat zero; stopped Androgel
    -varicocelectomy in June 2013
    -SA in Dec 2013: 23mil/ml, really low morph
    -SA in March 2014: Count doubled! Morphology apparently no longer an issue.

Treatments:
    April 2014: hysteroscopy
    June 2014: TI (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 2 folliclces) = BFN
    July 2014: IUI#1 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    August 2014: IUI#2 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 43mil post-wash) = BFN
    September 2014: IUI#3 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 2 follicles, 15mil post-wash) = BFN
    October 2014: IUI#4 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1-2 follicles, 12mil post-wash) = BFN
    November 2014: IUI#5 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    December 2014: IUI#6 (gonal-f/ovidrel): 2 follicles, 55mil post-wash) = ???

*all are welcome!*

• *Hugs*  I'm sorry that you had these insensitive situations.  Dealing with IF is one of those things that you really don't understand unless you are going through it.  In general, I would have been very annoyed with a supervisor asking about personal medical information, never mind providing their medical advice!
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • @llm100811 Wow, so glad that creepy boss left your workplace!
    imageimage

***All Welcome***
  • Yeah, I was also uncomfortable with the fact that your supervisor pressured you - unless you have the kind of relationship where she is asking as a friend.  Even then - it's really unprofessional on her part.  
  • Thanks, guys. I think it was "pressure as a friend" not in a professional capacity but of course when you're missing work all the time and your supervisor really wants to know why, it makes you feel like you have to explain to cover your butt in a way.

I do feel okay having told though because she was really excited about positive about making this a priority in life so I feel better about taking off when I need to!
    imageimage

***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"