TTC After a Loss

*~September Sapphires Check-In~* (Sept. 30)

edited September 2014 in TTC After a Loss

This is an open check-in for those with a loss of a LO and/or EDD in September of any year.

~NEW MEMBERS~ If you are new with a recent loss, welcome and (((hugs))). I’m so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here but I hope you’ll find that this is an amazing place to give & receive love and support. Please introduce yourself and be sure to include your loss/EDD to be added to the list.

~CURRENT MEMBERS~ Happy Tuesday ladies! (((hugs))) to all who need them!

~RECENT GRADUATESIf you have gotten your BFP and have graduated, congratulations and have a H&H 9 months! Please PM me the great news as it is sometimes very difficult for me to check PgAL. If you get your BFP after the check-in is posted, then I will add it to next week’s check-in.

Members:        

anglndsguse44         9/03/2014

zapgurl44                   9/04/2014

QuigleyCat1               9/07/2012

megrae12                  loss 9/09/13

MyFirstRaspberry     9/09/2013

natsfans84                9/10/2013

oxCherryBlossomxo   9/15/2014

superwife425            9/15/2014

Wintersea                 9/16/2014

beckynsean11          9/16/2014

CallaLily30                 9/18/2013

ashellypnut              9/23/2013 

AllWeHave                9/24/2014

soulbyte                    9/27/2014

jenn0021                    9/25/2011

Flowerstar1023         9/26/2014

Graceanne927          9/27/2014

MelissaL124              9/27/2014

ashlee113085           9/28/2014

eliida                         9/29/2014

LauraO11                   9/2014

If you don’t see your name below, it just means that we missed you last week. No worries, just give us an update.

@CallaLily30  - How is the Lupron treating you? When do stims start?

@eliida How are you doing this week? 

@LauraO11  -  Good luck with your SHG this week! I hope the procedure is easy for you.

@superwife425  -  How were your appts? Were you able to schedule the IUI?

@beckynsean11 How did your appts go? Were you get to move forward with IUI?  And sending you extra vibes for the IUI scheduling. Having YH fly home for IUI must be really challenging.

UPDATE: Update us on appointments, cycle days, struggles, successes, non-TTCAL news and everything else in between.
QOTW: What is your favorite fall season food/dish?
We just about made it through September.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
    HSG = All Clear
BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

Re: *~September Sapphires Check-In~* (Sept. 30)

• Thanks for the check in @MyFirstRaspberry‌ . AF finally seems to be fading, so I'm praying she is gone and the SHG will be a go. I just want it over with, as I feel that if anything comes back from all the testing I have had done, it will be a uterine septum based on some of my other symptoms. It would be great to just know either way, and I'm thankful to the OB for wanting to do it after 2 losses instead of 3. If it's clear, I'm guessing he will give us the green light to TTC, which makes me nervous- mostly due to the idiot naturopath who told me my last loss might be due to TTC too soon. I keep telling myself to focus on the OB, as the U/s should shed insight on my lining, which is one of the major reasons they want you to wait.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• LauraO11 said:
    Thanks for the check in @MyFirstRaspberry‌ . AF finally seems to be fading, so I'm praying she is gone and the SHG will be a go. I just want it over with, as I feel that if anything comes back from all the testing I have had done, it will be a uterine septum based on some of my other symptoms. It would be great to just know either way, and I'm thankful to the OB for wanting to do it after 2 losses instead of 3. If it's clear, I'm guessing he will give us the green light to TTC, which makes me nervous- mostly due to the idiot naturopath who told me my last loss might be due to TTC too soon. I keep telling myself to focus on the OB, as the U/s should shed insight on my lining, which is one of the major reasons they want you to wait.
    @LauraO11

((hugs)) sounds like you have a lot on your mind. This journey is not easy. Take it one day at a time. I hope the SHG provides you with information to be at ease for moving forward with TTC. If you have doubts with TTC too soon, I would express your concerns with your OB.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone. Thanks for the check-in, @MyFirstRaspberry. Are you in the TWW?

@LauraO11 ((hugs)) I hope you are able to get the information you need to move forward and that your doctor is able to alleviate some of your apprehensions. 

I was pretty emotional over the weekend and expected to be a hot mess yesterday (our EDD), but the day turned out to feel a lot differently than I imagined. I don't quite know how to verbalize it. I felt remarkably calm; peaceful, maybe. It probably helped that I got my first EVER positive OPK. Small victories, right? (I've suspected O with temping, but never have a test to match.)
  • QOTW: It used to be pumpkin beer, but now it's any kind of squash--especially baked with a little blue cheese.
  • Hi Sapphires!

I'm not a huge fan on Lupron.  It makes me tired and emotional and it gives me a huge headache.  Hopefully, we are stepping down the Lupron dose and starting stims tomorrow.  I can't wait to get this show on the road!

QOTW:  I love warm apple cider with all spice. So delicious!

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• @lauraO11 - Good luck with your SHG.  Please keep us updated on the results.  I'm thinking about you!

@eliida - Sending you so many (((HUGS)))

@MyFirstRaspberry - Sending you so many positive vibes.  I'm hoping to hear great news from you really soon!

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• @CallaLily30 Good luck with starting stims! Love apple cider, I had forgotten about apple cider. Yum.
  • Thanks ladies. @eliida‌ , my first loss date was on the 29th, and it was rough, but I survived with some wine and support from a friend. Happy it's over and I can focus on getting my body ready to support a pregnancy again. Glad yours went well.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• eliida said:
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the check-in, @MyFirstRaspberry. Are you in the TWW?

@LauraO11 ((hugs)) I hope you are able to get the information you need to move forward and that your doctor is able to alleviate some of your apprehensions. 

I was pretty emotional over the weekend and expected to be a hot mess yesterday (our EDD), but the day turned out to feel a lot differently than I imagined. I don't quite know how to verbalize it. I felt remarkably calm; peaceful, maybe. It probably helped that I got my first EVER positive OPK. Small victories, right? (I've suspected O with temping, but never have a test to match.)
    @eliida

((hugs))  EDD are tough. I think leading up to the day is worse than the actual day. As much as I hate to say it, over time I've learned how to handle them better. I am glad you found some peace on such a tough day.

Congrats on the +OPK!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• Hi Sapphires!

I'm not a huge fan on Lupron.  It makes me tired and emotional and it gives me a huge headache.  Hopefully, we are stepping down the Lupron dose and starting stims tomorrow.  I can't wait to get this show on the road!

QOTW:  I love warm apple cider with all spice. So delicious!

@CallaLily30

Hang in there Calla. I'm sending you some extra special Kick IF in the @$$ strength vibes.

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @eliida I forgot to answer you. Yes! I am in the 2ww. And trying to not become a crazy person. I feel like I am 2ww rusty - like I don't know how to handle it after being on the bench for so long. I don't have any FRER's in the house (yet) and those are the only tests I trust. I have some wondfo's but those are crap.

So I'm working hard to stay calm and hopeful, but not too hopeful... ya know?!  Thanks for asking!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• Hi Ladies!!! I am so sorry that I was MIA last week, but I got a job!!! Finally!! I am getting out of the house and contributing! I have been learning the ropes and that's been fun, but exhausting. When I get home I just eat dinner then go to sleep basically.  My EDD was on Saturday and I had a little bit of a sad morning, but the afternoon was much better. DH and I bought a new couch and picked it up, and then I just cleaned the house. One of my friends was going through a m/c over the weekend so we did some crying together. I am glad that she felt like she could talk to me about it, and although I wish she didn't have to go through this, I am glad that I have someone in my inner circle who can relate to what I'm feeling. I am now on CD1, which is good. I feel like now that the EDD has passed, I am in a much better space for some reason.

@MyFirstRaspberry I have everything crossed for you!! I hope you get some good news!!!

@eliida Sending you ((hugs)). EDDs are rough.  Also, yay for a + OPK!! :)

@LauraO11 I hope that the SHG gives you some information that helps you formulate a plan! ((hugs))

@CallaLily30 Lupron doesn't sound fun! I hope you're able to lower your dosage! GL with stims!

QOTW: I like anything pumpkin flavored: pumpkin coffee, pumpkin ale, pumpkin bread....last night I had pumpkin pie ice cream. It's an addiction.

• @MyFirstRaspberry Thanks for the check in. FX so hard for you in your 2WW! Hopeful but not too hopeful, I totally know what you mean.

@LauraO11 I hope you get to schedule your SHG soon & you get some answers. I'm sorry that what your idiot neuropath said is still eating at you. I hope that your OB can dismiss that. Hugs!

@eliida I'm glad that you made it through your EDD & that it wasn't as bad as you expected. I was definitely more upset the days leading up to mine than the day of. Big hugs!!! & Happy dance for your positive OPK!! Woot woot!

@CallaLily30 I'm sorry that the Lupron is so rough on you. Good luck with stims!

@ashlee113085 I'm sorry your EDD was rough on you & I'm very sorry for your friend's loss. I do know what you mean when you said that you felt like you're in a better space with it behind you. MH & I both remarked that we felt that way after ours, like we could finally breathe & be a little hopeful about moving forward.

AFM, my scans last week went well & I definitely responded better going back to Clomid. I had 2, possibly 3 mature follicles & my hormone levels were much more in line with what they should be. My IUI fell on Saturday so MH was home for it with no schedule issues. The IUI went pretty well; the doc had less trouble than normal with my cervix & MH had a fantastic sample. I'm 4dpo now & just waiting. I'm feeling hopeful, but trying to keep that in check.

We made it through September ladies!!! Go us!!!!

QOTW: I don't really have a favorite fall food. It doesn't feel like fall down here just yet. I do like being able to make soups & stews again. One of my favorite things about fall is the release of all the Oktoberfest beers & there are a couple local breweries that release a pecan beer at this time.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Hey ladies! I'm running out the door to an out of town wedding, but I had my IUI yesterday and it was definitely not as horrible as I was expecting, which was excellent news.  Now, FX until beta day! :)

I hope everyone else has an amazing week--I'll be checking in on you!!
  • Hey ladies! I'm running out the door to an out of town wedding, but I had my IUI yesterday and it was definitely not as horrible as I was expecting, which was excellent news.  Now, FX until beta day! :)

I hope everyone else has an amazing week--I'll be checking in on you!!
    @superwife425
    Yay for an easy IUI!  So glad that went well for you. FX for beta day!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• AFM, my scans last week went well & I definitely responded better going back to Clomid. I had 2, possibly 3 mature follicles & my hormone levels were much more in line with what they should be. My IUI fell on Saturday so MH was home for it with no schedule issues. The IUI went pretty well; the doc had less trouble than normal with my cervix & MH had a fantastic sample. I'm 4dpo now & just waiting. I'm feeling hopeful, but trying to keep that in check.

We made it through September ladies!!! Go us!!!!

QOTW: I don't really have a favorite fall food. It doesn't feel like fall down here just yet. I do like being able to make soups & stews again. One of my favorite things about fall is the release of all the Oktoberfest beers & there are a couple local breweries that release a pecan beer at this time.
    @beckynsean11

I am so glad to hear the timing worked out well for you and YH!  And even better news that you responded better with clomid! FX for you!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• Hi Ladies!!! I am so sorry that I was MIA last week, but I got a job!!! Finally!! I am getting out of the house and contributing! I have been learning the ropes and that's been fun, but exhausting. When I get home I just eat dinner then go to sleep basically.  My EDD was on Saturday and I had a little bit of a sad morning, but the afternoon was much better. DH and I bought a new couch and picked it up, and then I just cleaned the house. One of my friends was going through a m/c over the weekend so we did some crying together. I am glad that she felt like she could talk to me about it, and although I wish she didn't have to go through this, I am glad that I have someone in my inner circle who can relate to what I'm feeling. I am now on CD1, which is good. I feel like now that the EDD has passed, I am in a much better space for some reason.

@MyFirstRaspberry I have everything crossed for you!! I hope you get some good news!!!

@eliida Sending you ((hugs)). EDDs are rough.  Also, yay for a + OPK!! :)

@LauraO11 I hope that the SHG gives you some information that helps you formulate a plan! ((hugs))

@CallaLily30 Lupron doesn't sound fun! I hope you're able to lower your dosage! GL with stims!

QOTW: I like anything pumpkin flavored: pumpkin coffee, pumpkin ale, pumpkin bread....last night I had pumpkin pie ice cream. It's an addiction.

@ashlee113085

Congrats on the new job!! I knew something would work out for you soon. So glad to hear it. How are you liking it?

I am glad you and your friend can find comfort in each other during such emotional times. ((hugs))

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @LauraO11 I'm so glad that you were able to spend the 29th with a friend. ((hugs))

@MyFirstRaspberry EEK! Hope you have a project to distract you until you can test. Props on holding off to buy FRERs. :)

@ashlee113085 I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I'm glad that you two have each other for comfort and support. ((hugs))

@superwife425 Have fun at the wedding! FX!!

@beckynsean11 It sounds like everything came together really well-YAY! FX!!

As many of you already mentioned, I too feel relieved for October. I owe so much of my emotional well-being to all of you. Thank you. After my first loss (9 years ago-whoa) I was a mess. To compound things, the person I was with (not my husband) dismissed my pain and told me that I had "no reason to be upset because 'it' was never supposed to happen to begin with." (As if it's not already obvious, it wasn't a healthy relationship.) I started to believe that there was something wrong with me for being as upset as I was. With your support (and of course, my husband) I've been working through a lot of the pain I buried so many years ago, as well. Thank you, truly.
  • P.S. @ashlee113085 Congratulations on your new job! That's such awesome news!!! Hope you settle in quickly. :)
  • edited October 2014
    eliida said:
    As many of you already mentioned, I too feel relieved for October. I owe so much of my emotional well-being to all of you. Thank you. After my first loss (9 years ago-whoa) I was a mess. To compound things, the person I was with (not my husband) dismissed my pain and told me that I had "no reason to be upset because 'it' was never supposed to happen to begin with." (As if it's not already obvious, it wasn't a healthy relationship.) I started to believe that there was something wrong with me for being as upset as I was. With your support (and of course, my husband) I've been working through a lot of the pain I buried so many years ago, as well. Thank you, truly.
    @eliida
    This makes me smile!  I am so very glad that we helped you. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you and I am sorry that your previous SO dismissed your pain.

Group Hug!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @MyFirstRaspberry Thank you!! My first couple of days were crazy. I am still not sure how I like it. It's so different from anything I've ever done, but I think that once I get into it I will really like it. Right now it seems overwhelming, and I am not really sure what my full responsibilities are. 
    I am getting back into temping this cycle, and I have an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor. Hopefully it goes well. Hope you ladies all have a wonderful week! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"