Pregnant after 35

Fetal Doppler Monitor

Hi! I'm 11 weeks 2 days- I recently purchased a home fetal Doppler machine and today I tired and couldn't hear the heart beat- does anyone have any tips that they used? I watched you tube videos but didn't have any luck! Thanks!!

Best Answer

• mdogan29mdogan29 member
    Answer ✓
    At the OB during my 12 week appt neither the nurse or my OB could find the heartbeat, scared the crap out of me, but I'm overweight and it's still early on. OB did an ultrasound and we saw HB on screen and the lil guy was moving all around, whew!  You kind of have to know where the baby is too, it helps, once she did the ultrasound and could see where baby was, she tried to find HB again, still no luck though. I hope we can find it at next appt on Thursday.

But OB told me with a home fetal doppler that you may not be able to find HB until 16-22wks.  I was going to buy one, but if I can't hear HB until ~20 weeks, hopefully I'll be feeling him move around by then, and then I wouldn't really feel the need to buy one.

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Fetal Doppler Monitor

• I am 23 wks (24 wks tomorrow) and tried a stethoscope this past week. Heard nothing. Apparently you are supposed to be able to at this time frame even with the cheapest of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 13w2d and have the Sonoline B Doppler (my dr has the same one - LOL). My babes is still surprisingly low so maybe yours is too. I would suggest to try gently pressing & moving the "wand" very slowly, as close to pubic bone/pelvis area as possible. I also focus mainly around the area (center right for me) the radiologist did at my sonogram. Finally, I sometimes give a little cough to try to move the LO into a better position. GOOD LUCK & keep us posted :)
  • Follow up after my OB appt this week, the nurse was able to find the heartbeat at 16 weeks and baby was still quite low, near pubic bone.  It was not easy to find though, she found it the first time after trying for a few minutes, then she went to turn up the volume and lost it and took another few minutes to find again.

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"