Babies on the Brain

pregnant or not?

This is driving me crazy. I came off my birth control in August. My last period on them started August 18th. I havent had one since and assumed my system was taking some time to get back to normal. Anyway, we haven't been exactly inactive since then so I decided to take a test since it's been a while since a period. The attached picture is an equate brand test from Wal-Mart. The control line is quite a bit darker in real life. Since it showed positive, I stopped for a First Response early test and took it.

The first response had a very dark test line and barely visible control line. I would include a picture of it but couldn't get one due to poor lighting. What do you all think? Should I test again? I was hoping to surprise my husband with results when he gets home later but wanted another opinion on the tests first. I had never heard of a lighter control line.

Re: pregnant or not?

• It's not that I didn't think that looked positive.I just wanted to double check since that was the last one I had at home. The faint control on the second test was what threw me. Thanks for the response though.
  • Good to know since I have no idea how far along I would be. Couldn't be more than six weeks at the most, but I will call the doctor in a bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I read the directions with both boxes. I was just confused with the second test. I'm sorry for asking a question to clear things up. This is my first baby and I didn't want to get too excited if the second test indicated something different.
  • The directions don't lie.
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • yepitsme215yepitsme215 member
    edited September 2014
    Umm...it looks positive?

Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  • Wow. There is really no need to be mean. Sheesh!! Congrats hon. Smh
  • Thank you for being nice. It's been a rough day around here. We got a call about a death in the family when I got home so it really brought the mood down.
  • Ok. I'm leaving the forum now. It was just a simple question. I don't need a bunch of people being mean. The included picture was not what the question was about really. It was more a question of what I was seeing on the second test.

I am not stupid. I am highly educated. I was just being cautios before getting too excited.
  • If you had lurked first you would have realized that question wouldn't have gone over well
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • I have lurked in the past but haven't lately. Again, I'm sorry.
  • Congrats!

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• Some people are rediculous hun, don't let them get you down. That is awesome news and I think anybody trying to achieve that same result should see what a blessing it is and be happy for you. Congratulations mommy to be. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"