November 2014 Moms
Options

Time going slowly, but fast at the same time!

Time is going so fast and so slow until the big day. I have 8 weeks to go! I have so much to do (prepping for new baby, Christmas shopping, sleeping!!!), but am just so sick of being pregnant! What everyone doing in their last few weeks?

Re: Time going slowly, but fast at the same time!

• Options
    I hear you... so fast, yet slow.  

Fortunately, I am not sick of being pregnant and am feeling good.  But I do have a pile of crap to do.  Lots of organizing and getting rid of stuff...  deep cleaning...   washing baby clothes...  prepping CDs...  getting the car seat inspected...   Lots of MW, acupuncture and chiro appts...  Getting the car detailed and oil changed...   

I think I will do most of my Xmas shopping online!!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I've felt like this entire pregnancy has just flown! I only have 4 weeks left and have so much to do as well.  We move a week from today into our new home so I don't even have a nursery set up...  We literally just ordered her furniture this afternoon.
    We're welcoming a girl to our family--Audrey Kay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 8.28.10 | Me: 26 DH: 26 | Due with our First | EDD 11.01.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh goodness, if you're sick of being pregnant with 8 weeks left, you are going to very much dislike the last 6 weeks even more so. I've got 5 weeks to go and felt great as of a couple days ago, but suddenly I've turned a corner and now the belly feels so large and I can't find relief for my aching body by sitting, standing or lying down. Lots of women now whisper to me, "the last 6 weeks are awful." ::gulp:: 'Tis true...

I'm worried abt getting though work these last few weeks.

Keep yourself busy with project for baby. It'll help time pass. And enjoy last moments with your hubby/sig other.
  • Options
    The hospital bag is my project today. I have so much schoolwork left to do (3 papers, 2 presentations and an oral argument) which is the worst because it is boring and intellectual and has nothing to do with babies. Mind is so not up to it right now.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    I couldn't agree more! I have 8 weeks left and I feel like the big day will never arrive, but at the same time I know I need this time to finish getting ready! The dresser we ordered for the baby's room was from a made to order company, which is great...also means that it takes much longer to be completed! It was ordered in August and should be finished and delivered by the end of October. Until then, I can't put away any clothes and it's driving me nuts! I did make the curtains for the baby's room yesterday and my husband hung them, and then helped me put away things we won't be using for a while.

There's still so much to do, but the crazy ankle & hand swelling, exhaustion and non stop discomfort makes it hard to get motivated!
  • Options

Oh goodness, if you're sick of being pregnant with 8 weeks left, you are going to very much dislike the last 6 weeks even more so. I've got 5 weeks to go and felt great as of a couple days ago, but suddenly I've turned a corner and now the belly feels so large and I can't find relief for my aching body by sitting, standing or lying down. Lots of women now whisper to me, "the last 6 weeks are awful." ::gulp:: 'Tis true...

I'm worried abt getting though work these last few weeks.

Keep yourself busy with project for baby. It'll help time pass. And enjoy last moments with your hubby/sig other.

THIS. What you said.
    Im down to 4 weeks now and am horrified that the nursery is about done. WTF am I gonna occupy myself with now? I am going to actually become one of those floor - scrubbing nester I read about, esp working opposite shifts from DH.
    oh yeah, and work? I feel like the Worlds Worst Mom, but I find myself wishing for LO to arrive early just so I can be done with work. :S
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Right there with you...a little more than 7 weeks to go and so much to do. I only get every other weekend off with DH, so lots of the major chores and work get done on our weekends and there are only three of them left before baby is due!

Work is the worst. My job is hella stressful, our department is short two people right now and I am totally exhausted at the end of the workday. I keep a countdown under my keyboard of how many days left I have until I start leave. 35 work days left and counting!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"