October 2012 Moms

Birthday Present Ideas

My DD turns two tomorrow and I have not bought her anything. She is our third daughter, so I feel like we have everything already. My only idea is a sleeping bag, because we are going camping in two weeks. Though that does not seem fun to open.

Any ideas for the child that has everything passed down.

Re: Birthday Present Ideas

• We got A skates and she loves them. :) She also got pads/helmet for the skates, a fairy dress up set, a Melissa and Doug wooden magnetic fishing set, a toddler cookbook, a minnie mouse playset and book (with a piano in it!) a Cinderella book, a robot book, Frozen purse/headband/watch and a mini plush unicorn, a sorting shapes puzzle and a princess leia bobblehead.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • navyandvioletnavyandviolet member
    edited September 2014
    We got ds2 generic lego duplo blocks. A huge 120 piece set of them. Some how we made it thus far without them for my older two. Well it's is a huge hit all the kids have played with them non stop.
    Also my mom and step dad got him a Thomas take and play set. Ds1 already had one and it is great because you can connect them together. And my older two each picked out a take and play train to give him so now they can all play together with the trains. It was a big hit before with just the one set now it is super fun with the two connected.
    We got him a big boy bed that he won't use until needed. A bedding set to go with it and a step 2 motorcycle from craigslist.
    I know the feeling. I am always struggling to find gift ideas for him because we already have So. Much. Stuff.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • BeaF12 said:

@navyandviolet‌ I'll have to look up that take and play set. DS2 goes w/ me to DS1s speech and OT appointment 2x every week and this sounds great for those hours in the waiting room.

Yeah they are great and well made. They fold up, have a handle, the trains that go with them are metal, and the track seems durable. They come in many sizes from an oval with a tunnel to a huge set with bridges and hills.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • We got her a bunch of books. We also like to buy activities - swimming lessons, kiddie museum, water park, etc. Special things and 1 on 1 time are gifts she likes more than toys.
  • And the reason ds1 originally got one was for when ds2 was born and we needed something for him to do in the hospital when visiting the baby. So they make good quiet travel toys.
  • Norah's fav gifts were a fuzzy Minnie Mouse blanky, doc McStuffins dr kit and Minnie Purse. Disney clearly runs my life.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Oh and a car we push her in. Ds already had a cozy coupe but the push car is fun for walks. It's called Pink Whisper Ride Buggy. Quite a but of room to grow.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Thanks for all the good ideas. She was actually playing around with my camera this morning and it gave me the idea to get her a kid camera that actually takes pictures.
  • We got ds 1 piggy bank - because ds1  has one and he gets all the change and ds2 is getting nada.  I also got him a truck book and some Mickey Mouse club house figures - for his cake then for him to play with.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We got the boys an easel from Ikea about almost two months ago. It gets used everyday! It was $15 plus $5 for the roll of paper. Grab some crayons, paint, chalk and markers = hours of fun.

So far for Ds2, Melissa and Doug latch board and magna doodle. I still have another week to shop. :)

• piffley said:

We're getting DD some play food and shopping cart and Duplos. I just ordered some play spaghetti and a doctor kit because she's obsessed with that stuff thanks to Daniel Tiger. We'll probably some books too.

We had a little table with chairs and a trike we pulled out a couple weeks ago because we were cleaning out our stored stuff to get ready for our local semi-annual consignment sale but birthdays and Christmas can be overwhelming anyway, so she's had some time to just enjoy them.

My ILs are getting her the Daniel Tiger Trolley and figurine set. She's going to flip!
    @piffley‌ Where did you/inlaws find a Daniel Tiger set???

• Britt1406 said:
    For one of his gifts I made an alphabet book on Shutterfly. Every letter is a photo (or more) with caption representing that letter. They even had a template to use. (i.e. C is for cousins and chair- so photo of him sitting in a chair and a photo with his cousins). 
    I really like this idea but I've been messing around on Shutterfly and I can't figure out how to do it with a template- I even did a search. Do you know what the template was called?
    @WanderingStars23 sorry just saw this- It is under the "kids" photo books and called "ABCs" 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"