Third-Party Reproduction

Egg retrieval Confusion?

So Today was my egg retrieval.. and I am so confused, going into it, we thought we had 10 to 12 follicles to get eggs from... but during the procedure my doctor said, "my ovaries didnt cooperate?" what the hell does that mean? She said she had a difficult time getting the eggs to drop? but I gave two trigger shots and a shot of progrestrone? and my levels seemed fine? In the end we walked out of there with 2 good quality eggs, 2 ok eggs and one scratched low quality egg.. I am pretty devastated... Im only 26!!! my AHM was fine... the embroyologist said we there is normally 80% chance of fertilizing... I am just hoping everything works out in the end... anyone have a positive experience with only 4 embryos? we are using a surrogate so once we have the embryos I hope we are in the clear, but I am prepared for anything at this point... so disappointed, feel like I let my husband down...

Re: Egg retrieval Confusion?

• I am sorry you had a tough retrieval. Is this your first cycle? Sadly, sometimes it can take more that one cycle to get all the drugs figured out.

Are you doing a fresh transfer or frozen?

YOU didn't do anything, sometimes drugs just don't work like we expect.
    If he produced a sample with no sperm, would you blame him?
    Do your best to be kind to yourself. It can be so tough.

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Please try not to focus on the things that didn't go well. I had a heck of a time even getting my eggs to mature - I was on the max dose of drugs for about a week longer than the usual protocol and she didn't even see anything until 5 days into my meds. It was terrible. We ended up having way less eggs than our doctor would have liked and/or expected. It still turned out OK for us as our GC is due in November. Really, all it takes is one fertilized egg and I know it's hard, but try to stay focused on that instead of all of the things that didn't go perfect. FX for only positive things from here on out! 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the support, this is my second cycle, I was on MAX drugs including dex and clomid. and my egg retrieval was on day 20!! which is about a week over normal... so I dont know, I am still hoping against hope that the 2 good quality eggs will fertilize and hopefully the 2 ok ones as well... but my husband and I talked about it last night, our GC has waited patiently for our embryos for not quite a year, and we owe it to her to let her either 1) find new IPS or 2) use donor eggs... and our conversation last night I think we decided to use DEs.... I am totally fine with it...so thats the next step... I hope that these little ones work though... it would be very exciting if it just worked for us... but I am setting the bar low... that way there isn't too much disappointment... and my husband said the exact same thing, would I be mad if he couldnt perform... that answer is obbvious, but theres always that feeling... thank you for responding... I will post an update in a few hours with how everything tuned out... we should be getting a call today about how many fertilized and the quality...
  • That all sounds completely reasonable. I am assuming that you are seeing an RE and that injectables were included in your protocol.

There are ladies that have used DE on here @Mrs.McIrish that can maybe help you out should you need to pursue that path.
    Hang in there!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!

• Well, we got a phone call directly from our Doctor (which my heart sank when i heard her voice) none of my eggs fertilized.. pretty much the most devastating news I have ever heard, this was our last cycle... not sure where we are going from here... I'm at bottom.
  • Well, we got a phone call directly from our Doctor (which my heart sank when i heard her voice) none of my eggs fertilized.. pretty much the most devastating news I have ever heard, this was our last cycle... not sure where we are going from here... I'm at bottom.
    oh no! @littlemissDevon , my heart hurts for you. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say. Be good to your self for the next few weeks while you try to sort through all the emotions. ((hugs))

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you didn't get better news about your eggs. *HUGS* sweetie. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I am so so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and your partner while you process this.

I know that counseling helped us when we were ready.

We are here for support when you need it.

• I'm so sorry :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm so sorry about your eggs. I didn't have any fertilize on IVF 3 so I've been there. Have you looked at your clinic's SART stats? It's so hard to say what went wrong but they may not have stimmed you correctly. You'd definitely expect a better result at age 26. I'm not sure what the reason is for using a surrogate but could whatever health issues you have be contributing to the egg issue?

Why were you given 2 triggers? Did they use lupron as a trigger and it didn't work ? Maybe HCG would gsve worked better. Sadly, there are so many reasons that it doesn't go according to plan. We are the guinea pigs end they try stuff on it--that's hiw it seems to me... Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so very sorry that you are going through all of this.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"