November 2013 Moms

Wednesday chatter

Morning ladies.

Not a very exciting morning unless you count the blowout that got absolutely everywhere, including A's highchair. So gross. He's taking spoon refusal to a whole new level, which wouldn't be a big deal if he weren't taking medications that need to be mixed into his food.

@Mommyxtwo1113‌ Good luck at the ENT today!

Re: Wednesday chatter

• Loading the player...
  • @klongoria11‌ I thought of that but it's grainy, so I think it would just get stuck on the inside of the pouch and I'd never be able to tell if he finished and how much he got.

We were mixing it into applesauce. I hadn't wanted to give him juice but maybe I will see if I can dissolve it in water with just a splash of apple juice and see if that works.
  • @kellykinns Good luck! You'd be terrific at victim advocacy.

@CeeShellz I hope all is well with L. Did he have the plastibell? I didn't know we were supposed to keep doing it. Don't beat yourself up over this.
  • @cagoldi‌
    How do you feel about flavored pedialyte?

I think it tastes super nasty. A might go for it though. It's worth a shot.
  • The plastibell is a little plastic ring they put around the foreskin and it slowly just falls off over the course of a few days. Our pedi used this method and I was happy with that. This was for the initial procedure though.
  • @JoeLies‌ My brain sucks, so I'm no help...but that sounds awesome! GL!

T is having the worst time ever popping. He literally fell asleep on me from all the effort. I feel so bad and don't know what to do for him :(
  • @cagoldi what did you feed A right after the surgery?  Because they told us juice and not formula and no actual food for a couple hours after we leave. ( I don't have exact times until we schedule the surgery)  I was just curious if anything specific worked for you.
  • @BrittAnnie19‌ and @j0509‌ I have tried pear juice and prunes...hoping it will start to kick in soon! Poor little man...I think he's just a kiddo that needs to eat prunes/pears daily in order to prevent this!
  • I just found out that the kids' pediatrician has gotten a huge promotion and is now the managing doctor at their three offices, which means no more seeing patients for her.  I'm heartbroken. :( Even though I am really happy for her, I am selfish enough to want her to keep seeing my kids because she seriously is the best.  She did, however, promise that she will personally see Luke for his 1 year. 
  • @cagoldi what did you feed A right after the surgery?  Because they told us juice and not formula and no actual food for a couple hours after we leave. ( I don't have exact times until we schedule the surgery)  I was just curious if anything specific worked for you.

We couldn't allow any food or formula 8 hours before surgery, and no water 3 hours prior.

They said to start slowly, but they encouraged me to offer him formula pretty much right after he woke up. He was really upset so I don't think he even took two ounces. He took an almost 3 hour nap when we got home, then once he woke up he had more milk and some oatmeal. Some babies refuse to eat or drink much apparently, but once he was up from that initial nap it was like any other day.

Will your H go with you? I know all babies react differently but A was hysterical when he woke up. Sobbing, had trouble catching his breath, very disoriented, etc. I only tell you this because I think you really want another adult with you. Obviously it's hard seeing your baby like that. Add to that the challenge of changing his diaper and clothes while he is hysterics, you get the idea. My dad was there also. While I was signing discharge papers and whatnot my dad held him and rocked him while Pete got the car and pulled right up so we could just get out of there right away. Once he was outside and saw the car he calmed right down, I guess just because it was something familiar.

You want to dress him in warm, comfy jammies. Bring a lovey and a paci or Wubbanub if he takes one. We had to leave the house at 4:30, so I just put him in the outfit the night before, changed his diaper, and got on our way. You want to make sure to have a few burp cloths and an extra set of clothes in case he throws up.

They will probably give you drops to put in his ears. This isn't really much of a pain because he doesn't seem bothered by it.

Is Luke on Zantac for his reflux? If he is, he will have to skip his dose that morning and then just have the first one later that day.
  • @cagoldi thank you so much for all the info. Dh is planning to go with me. We will send dd to her old daycare for the day. I'm stressing planning it now too though because she's due for her fever in the next 1 to 2 weeks. I'm sure whatever day we pick will be the day her fever happens. Just my luck.
  • Hi @JoeLies ! yes, we are moved in but still getting situated, I hate moving too! We are getting married in a week too, so things have been crazy but we are very excited! Hope all is well :) I haven't been active on here in a while but still lurking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"