July 2014 Moms

Work It, Baby!

Okay, I know from previous threads that several of us are going back to work this week or next.  Let's give each other some support!  So tell us when you go back to work, what your favorite thing is about work, and your least favorite!  So it's sort of a GTKY mixed with some support, because if know I'm dreading going back to the grind...

I start back at work tomorrow.  I'm a librarian at a public library, so my job runs the gamut!  My favorite thing about work is my coworkers...they're awesome, very nice people.  So awesome that I took my baby to see them weekly (and to jokingly prove that yes, I really had a baby and wasn't just ditching them.). My least favorite thing about work are the customers who refuse to listen or read directions.  We have a lot of really awesome customers, but the ones who can't read things right in front of them are exhausting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Work It, Baby!

• I go back to work October 16. I'm totally dreading it!! My favorite part of my job is the people I work with. My least favorite is everything else--the stress, the amount of work, being short staffed all the time, the horrible management. I work in a hospital blood bank and it is such a badly mismanaged hospital that it really makes the job tough.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I go back to work Monday and so not looking forward to it.

I'm a Supervisor at a Utility company.

My favorite thing about my job is that I love my team...they are great

My least favorite is ...hmmm....writing reviews...I'm getting better at them though
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO went to daycare starting last week so that I wouldn't be a wreck the first day of work...turned out to be a great idea.  I cried buckets the first day!  I think that would have been so hard the first day back at work.  But I've been cheating and picking him up early every day since...I won't be able to do that tomorrow with work. :(

• jennp1979 said:

I go back to work Monday and so not looking forward to it.

I'm a Supervisor at a Utility company.

My favorite thing about my job is that I love my team...they are great

My least favorite is ...hmmm....writing reviews...I'm getting better at them though

I also work for a utility! I do statistical risk analysis for a nuclear power plant, and I actually really love it (I'm also a total nerd).

It was much harder leaving LO than I thought - I actually started three weeks ago but had last week off, so yesterday was kind of like day 1 all over again.

The only thing that's making it doable right now is family support. My mom and MIL are providing daycare and even ghiugh I wine about them sometimes (see mbf), I love them both and they are saving my sanity right now :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a 2nd grade teacher at a year-round school. Because of this, my track "tracked out" until October 16. I'll join my class then when they come back to school. It will be weird since they already know each other and are in the groove already.

I like making a difference for a tiny human. I love seeing their growth that they make by the end of the year. I love my coworkers.

I dread (read hate) administration and some high maintenance parents. One parent even wanted my sub to start a blog for the class. I also dislike the massive amounts of paperwork that has to get done and team time.
  • I've been back at work since about week 3. I started back pt and now am back in full swing. I take Baylor to work with me though so it's not so bad. The only days that suck are when he isn't able to nap well or the days that he didn't sleep well the night before. My schedule is changing soon though and I should only be working 3 hours a day :0)
    image.
  • Starting back on October 21 --- looking forward to seeing my coworkers. I work front office at a dental practice. The doctors I work for are awesome. They're letting me come back only 3 days instead of 5 and giving me a raise!! Woohoo!!! What I hate is some of the patients .... "Yes, you have to pay your copay at the time of service" ... "No, we can't refile your insurance to see if they'll pay more. They paid what they paid" . It's mentally exhausting! But I love where I work!!
  • I've been to work now for 2 weeks. My favorite is seeing my old clients and having conversations with people. The worst part is missing my love and just snuggling with her. I swear she grows every time I pick her up from grandmas
  • marsalisailsmarsalisails member
    edited October 2014
  • I went back to work 3 weeks ago tomorrow. My favorite thing about work is daily adult conversation. I also love seeing my mom get so excited about the little things my boys do. (She watches both of them while I work.)

I don't like having to wake up so early.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I started today. I was a huge clusterfuck. New property that's pretty big and my head was spinning. Mamas tired. Oh dear.

I hate when people don't take a contact seriously. It's a contract, and if it's broken there's a huge price to pay. I wish it was otherwise, but I only have to follow rules.

I love laughing a getting to know my residents and knowing their family. I love that so many people confide in me. I'm their counselor in so many ways and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I go back to work Thursday! Booo!! :-q But I love my co-workers. What I'm not looking forward to is my boss. I can't stand her!!!
  • Thanks for starting this!

I go back Monday and part of our childcare just fell through. I'm panicked.

I'm a securities lawyer and am going back right in the middle of my company's year end reporting cycle. My team is working brutal hours and I'm just dreading the long days and nights ahead of me. I've had insomnia the last few nights because of it. The next three months are just going to suck.

What I love - working with insanely smart, competent people and driving a process to completion. I also love being able to work from home most of the time and usually enjoy the travel - when I don't have a nursing infant along for the trip.

What I hate - the hours, the stress, the constant dread of getting something wrong. I would quit, but I would be a rotten mom if I had to do it full time.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just completed my second week back at work.

I'm a customer service manager at a Walmart Neighborhood Market.

I love being out of the house and interacting with adults again. I love my coworkers and my regular customers. It's been great seeing everyone again.

I hate being on my feet for 8 hours a day. I dislike the one back stabbing coworker that is STILL there. And I hate being away from my girls.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • @TexasGirl81‌ : yes to waking up early, it sucks! I have a long bus ride into the cities so in order to see my LO in the evening, I have to catch the 6:30 bus :(

I'm dreading January when LO starts daycare and I have to take a later bus to drop him off at 7
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went back on Monday. I hate being away from LO. She's home with DH this week and starts day care next week.

I like the mental stimulation and doing different things on a daily basis. I felt like I was blobbing out at home.

I hate that it's a family run business, where the real family can do no wrong. I trained the boss's daughter in law to fill in for me and she turned out to be a huge flake. She decided my job was too stressful about 6 weeks in, so they hired someone new and she trained him. So, someone who was doing a half assed job trained the new guy to do my work.

On Monday, I cleared off 16 weeks worth of voicemail (never checked once. None had been listened to) and separated about 50 things that I left to follow up on un done. Most of those are customer payments not collected. So, what was 30 days past due when I left is now 5 months late and I get to deal with it. Yippy.

• I went back on Monday. It was so hard to leave the house that morning but once I was in the car ( and stopped ugly crying) I was okay.

I do government affairs and a lobbyist. I love politics. Its different everyday and things/ issues are constantly changing which is fun and keeps my job from getting boring.

However, I was not excited to learn that tomorrow I have to be on the 6am flight to Washington DC. I also dont like how much after hours work my job requires. I am expected to be responsive on my blackberry pretty much 24/7.

• Pumping at work is weird and awkward and the room I have to use has computer servers in it so it's HOT. Bah, hope I can keep this up so LO can eat. I had 398 emails in my inbox and my boss first thing said "Glad you're back! I have something I need you to do that's due today." Ahh, some things never change. :)

• ADC1979 said:

Pumping at work is weird and awkward and the room I have to use has computer servers in it so it's HOT. Bah, hope I can keep this up so LO can eat. I had 398 emails in my inbox and my boss first thing said "Glad you're back! I have something I need you to do that's due today." Ahh, some things never change. :)

Yes! Yes! Yes to the pumping at work! I have to use our sales office/conference room. So I have to 1) call the sales people to let them know I need them out and 2) put a sign up on the outside of the door so people don't come in (and lock it). But people don't look at the sign at face level, so they still try to open the door. And there are windows without coverings, so I close those that I can, cover one with a piece of cardboard and hide in a corner to avoid the one on the door.

It's awesome.

I was pretty stoked to have perfected my pumping in the car set up this morning, so I can wait a little longer in the morning, hoping our sales peeps are out before I need the office.
  • I've been back since Aug. 25.  I work three days in the office and 2 from home, while I have a nanny watch DD.  It's been great.  While, I love DD and miss her, I also enjoy the adult part of my life.  I am an engineer and design control systems for power plant turbines and industrial turbines.  It's fun and challenging. 

• I just started back at work today.  BOOO!!!

I'm an environmental manager for a Koch Company in Oklahoma. 

I love the paychecks and I loved my boss before he up and left while I was on maternity leave.  He helped out with so much and now I'm left with nobody. I love that my back will get a chance to rest for a few hours during the day.  It's been in some serious hurt mode lately.

I hate being in a position where I was literally left to fend for myself.  No training or guidance whatsoever from the previous person.  I hate being away from my babies.  I can't even imagine having to go back to work full time at 6 weeks like someone people do.  I wish I had a full year. 

Thankfully DD is in the same in-home daycare that DS is in.  That makes me feel slightly better about leaving her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a wealth planner for a major bank. Been back to work for 2 weeks now and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I did all of my mourning before my first day back.

The best thing about my job is digging through all of people's financial and estate business and pointing out the holes. I met with a same-sex couple recently where one is terminally ill. Their estate plan was a hot mess and they would have ended up screwed if I didn't tell them how to fix it.

Least favorite thing is when an ungrateful trust fund baby gets access to the money. It just pisses me off.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been back at work for... hell, 5 weeks?

It's not so bad.  The first day was rough.  It took a while to get back into the swing of things.  However, my production was through the roof the first week.  My boss said that time off was good for me, apparently.  Maybe I should take every summer off? :)

I missed the structure of having a job.  But, now that I am 5 weeks in, I really would like to be a lazy bum on the couch with the baby.  I guess I can save that for days off.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• I went back September 2nd due to terrible leave options. The hardest part was getting into a routine with LO after having the entire summer off and then some. My days are so jam packed busy that I really don't have much time to think about my babies. The best part of teaching is my coworkers and my students are pretty rad.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• I go back the 13th and I'm totally dreading it. I never thought I'd be so happy to stay at home with my daughter, but it's all I want. Unfortunately finances don't work out for me to be at home :(

I am a graphic designer, and for the most part, I enjoy my work.

I'm looking forward to seeing my coworkers and clients everyday. I am looking forward to having adult conversations more often.

I am not looking forward to the hours and my boss. She is AWFUL and I hate working for her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"